X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neville Willouby (sp) is dead

died in a car crash on molynes road this morning

RE: Neville Willouby (sp) is dead

Sad to hear! I remember his voice via the airwaves.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RIP!!
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

he had a very nice christmas song called "christmas ja". himself, henry stennet, don topping and alan magnus are responsible for my taste in music today. a pioneer in jamaican radio. RIP!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gamma (12/21/2006)he had a very nice christmas song called "christmas ja". himself, henry stennet, don topping and alan magnus are responsible for my taste in music today. a pioneer in jamaican radio. RIP!
          Fi true, and you can add Ralston McKenzie to that list. :P
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

<DIV>For me, that's not necessarily a good thing. I think RJR was guilty of playing too much farin music at the expense of our local artistes. This was the station of Don Topping and Marie Garth, whose accents were more yankee than Wendy Williams! Indeed, thank God for JBC which had much more pride about things Jamaican those days and enabled many of us to "find ourselves". And even then, JBC had its own image problems.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I guess they all did their part to create "me". And, well, it's not all that bad! :P</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

RIP Neville. I was just thinking about him a few days ago. I was humming him "I love Jamaica (where the pretty girls come from)" song.

Sad to hear he is gone.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

I think deep down yuh like the YANKEE accent yuh know:P; yuh just nuh waan admit it in Public.

Nuh worry yuh a mi bredren, mi nah buss yuh secret
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

<DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>If ah even luv it, I luv it when its owners talk it, not when Jamaicans, some of whom never even go a beach much less farin, talk it! </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gamma (12/21/2006) himself, henry stennet, don topping and alan magnus are responsible for my taste in music today. a pioneer in jamaican radio. RIP!
                    Yuh never listen to some Dermott Hussey on the Rhythm Section? Hussey took my taste for music a bit beyond what those guys did for me.
                    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

RIP... What I remember about Mr Willoughby was the way he pushed the culture. He was a great loverof (Reggae ) Jamaican music and he was one who always believed that Reggae would take the world by storm. I recall him featuring a lot of young bands on his radio show like Fab 5 etc always getting feedback on how their tours went.

A loss to the JA music fraternity.

pr
                      Peter R

Comment

Working...
                      X