• I can see why the media has been locked out of

Tivoli.
    Reading the gleaner and observer today, they are making unsubstantiated claims from residents look like fact. Yes, alleged abuses must be looked into, but it must also be remembered that these people refused to leave and claimed they would die for Dudus. If you shelter and hide criminals, what do you expect?

Not all of them MissLondon. We have to be careful not to generalize. Some were silent but afraid to leave.

I would not have wanted the media down there at the height of the operation either, but having them there now puts some constraint on abuses that could still happen, and also reduces the rumours somewhat.

The massive arms find has increased, it is now six illegal guns recovered.Assuming all are guilty(for the purpose of argument)it is a question of people showing a willingness to submit themselves to extrajudicial killings.The agents of the state also made decisions.

Originally posted by MissLondon View Post
        Tivoli.
        Reading the gleaner and observer today, they are making unsubstantiated claims from residents look like fact. Yes, alleged abuses must be looked into, but it must also be remembered that these people refused to leave and claimed they would die for Dudus. If you shelter and hide criminals, what do you expect?
        totally agree... the media is being irresponsible...

I heard Ian Boyne(not sure of the last name). The respected media man said he tried to get in Tivoli even to right before the invasion and the badmen wouldn't allow him. So it not only the police never wanted the media.

Where do they go when they leave? Their summer villa in Runaway Bay? They can't go back so are you gonna clear of yuh futon for them?

sometime you have to make choice. Life over death.

they could not leave.. dont buy into that.. if you were there you would not leave.

some left. ppl called in on radio programs saying that they left.

yeah its tough.. I heard one woman say no one told them they could not leave but they knew if they did they could not go back.

Well from the comments on the Observer articles, most people are not buying into Tivoli victimhood. I guess they need to try harder.

The Holocaust never occurred...

So now Tivoli residents are victims of genocide? LOL

How many people live in Tivoli ?

a woman, seemingly a tivoli resident, spoke to the media last night. her concern wasn't the fact that innocent ppl were dying. she was basically implying that it was infact gunmen being murdered but her grouse was that they were being killed in front of their girlfriends, mothers, children etc. dem man deh kill innocent ppl in front a anyweh so once again, rasta nuh have no remorse fi dem.