Lazie...yuh is a self proclaimed lutheran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie...yuh is a self proclaimed lutheran

there is a christmas song by one luther vandross that is a staple in jamaica at christmas time..the chorus is:

"merry christmas (merry christmas), for your christmas

may the happiness you seek be forever with you

merry christmas (merry christmas), for your christmas

may the happiness you find, bring you love."

or something like that...do you know the title of that song?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

RE: Lazie...yuh is a self proclaimed lutheran

"May Christmas Bring You Happiness " according to iTunes.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Gamma (12/20/2006)there is a christmas song by one luther vandross that is a staple in jamaica at christmas time..the chorus is:

"merry christmas (merry christmas), for your christmas

may the happiness you seek be forever with you

merry christmas (merry christmas), for your christmas

may the happiness you find, bring you love."

or something like that...do you know the title of that song?
      Come to think of it, I don't remember hearing any Christmas songs on the radio thus far. Jamaica nuh one Christian country?! My all-time favourites are Gee Whiz, It's Christmas and Breadfruit Roasting on an Open Fire, by the Fab 5. All now mi nuh hear none a dem!

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Greatest Christmas song ever. Personally, I don't have any christmas songs in my collection, I find them annoying. Actually, the only other one I don't mind ... one by Wayne Wonder, " I wish for all mankind, a warm Jamaican crismus time....."
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Ave Maria, the Michael Bolton/Placido Domingo version has me singing even in public places and you dont wnat to hear that....scary.

Oh the Stevie Wonder version is great too
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Sickko (12/20/2006)Ave Maria, the Michael Bolton/Placido Domingo version has me singing even in public places and you dont wnat to hear that....scary.

Oh the Stevie Wonder version is great too
            Keep singing - yuh migh run whey the maskitas and help eradicate malaria
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

so what you are saying is ...you don't know? ok thanks.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that is EXACTLY it...thanks iMan for the iTunes reference!

Comment

Working...
                X