RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before people get serious and boycott Beenie Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long before people get serious and boycott Beenie Man?

I hear that clown have a tune bout informa fi dead or something to that effect. Yuh can't even hear what him saying in the verses ... as it all sound like when toilet flush ... I guess him just chatting s h i t.

How the hell the clown of the dancehall a call himself king? Boycott that fool mek him guh write decent lyrics.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: How long before people get serious and boycott Beenie Man?

so now you are against

dancehall? Can't keep up with you Lazie.

Comment

Unthinking people tend to have a problem keeping up. Lets see, Sunshine Anderson is a TERRIBLE singer as far as I'm concerned, does that mean I'm against R&B?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Who is sunshine? lazie that seems to

be a poor anaolgy. Try again.

Comment

... first you don't know who sunshine is ... well can't blame you. Then you ago tell me bout wrong anology? Then you ago tell me fi try again? Did I miss something somewhere?

As yuh say, yuh can't keep up with a thinking person ... suh leave it alone.

Comment

Thinking is a good start but then

we must move to what one is thinking about (there pandora's box is opened) :P

Comment

I guess I have been boycotting him then cause I have never bought a single one of his songs or a ticket to go see him perform...
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Jawge (12/19/2006)so now you are against dancehall? Can't keep up with you Lazie.
                Haffi but in. Anyway, since the comments are public, I need no invitation.

Jawge, what Lazie is saying is that folks should boycott Beenie Man until he can start producing some responsible and concious lyrics. In a country whereso many people are being killed for just about any little thing, it is surprising that you cannot get it that you do not go about making songs about killing people.

Anyway, why do I bother. I guess Lazie's comments was just above your head. Reading and comprehending is a hell of a thing. . .
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Beenie Man offered a JA$1-million rewardfor Bogle's killers. He even recommended people assist the police in their investigation.

I call it "foot in mouth disease", and Beenie Man is an idiot.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Tilla it would be better if you

had asked why did I make the statement that to assume. Tilla you should know that dancehall in itself is akin to a closed system. One cannot advocate that dancehall is good for the people then leave out elements that contribute to dancehall as a whole. Case in point: Lazie was calling critics of dancehall (people who said it was crude and lewd) as hypocrites, since they would gyrate to soca music. What Lazie left out is that on most of these night that runs into day (with young children watching) the patrons would dance to the "hot f" whilst the DJ is belching out words about which female can please their man sexually or who has good or bad "hole". I know what I'm saying because I saw some DVDs just few days ago. Now I have nothing against dancehall but one must be conscious to hold a level of civility. Now in the context described above;Why should Beenie man be isolated and chastised for his lyrics? Beenie is just appealing to his patrons and he is part of the whole package. I am sure both you and Lazie will be able to see my point, considering the sophisticated level of reading and comprehension that you both possess.:hehe:

Comment

You still nuh get it at all, do you?

Gyrating in public is one thing, making 'songs' calling for people's death for doing the right thing is another.

A promising young footballer from MoBay was killed a few weeks ago while he a few others were playing dominoes at a shop.

News on the grape vine is that the men who were killed were accused of being the ones who had told the police that the men who killed the family of four in Retreat (near Granville) were on the bus coming from the JLP Congress.

The lady and her family ioncluding an 18 year old daughter who were shot dead by cowards in the night were also accused of condemning criminals in her neighbourhood.

This is what Lazie is trying to get into your thickj skull.

Feel free to sprew your garbage in response to this post, my back broad.
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

Agree with Jawge re highlighting only beenie man - I find a whole bunch of the leading figures as moronic - beenie, bounty, movado, busy, idonia, cartel ...................and sizzla sometimes goes down to that level ...................the business is just a big hustle with very little thought placed on the role it plays on moral decline

Lazie its difficult to boycott artist - i dont see any artiste in Jamaica doing a show by themself, it always at least 4 or 5 performers, ppl really dont buy cd's or records that much but they rather buys mix cd's that comes with the good the bad and the ulgy

we need seriously to target radio, local cable channels and local entertainment tv for the trhings they serve up , how can radio play a song and bleep out sections when everyone knows what was bleeped, radio plays the most violent of songs - so too sound systems et al

Dont make this into a "I hate Beenie thing"

Comment

I agree that it cant be a Beenie man thing but it must be across the board...a few years ago both IRIE FM and RJR made public declarations that they will not play any song that has derogatory lyrics or curse words or have to be bleeped.

Yet recently I heard a song by Red Rat talking about 'Nookie' being played on RJR, most of the songs played on the PM shows have to be bleeped which BTW does nothing to change the meaning which is still very clear.
                          Che Guevara.

Comment

Who remember this Beenie from way back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdyfM5UXT_0

We need more tuneslike thesefrom him, butI am sure it don't sell like the playa-hater lyrics.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

A nuh nothing new ... Jawge simply have a comprehension problem. Balla feel him just jump to another clown's defense ....

Jawge, like it or not, dancehall provides for alot of people. I hope I don't have to explain that to you. Is it the 'dancehall' fault that some parents are failling to be good parents since you mention young children watching? You taking this into a completely different direction ... a nuh nothing new.

Beenieman claim to be the king of the dancehall and is putting out one bag a fockery music lately. Sorry Balla, its not picking on the clown, its keeping it real. Did Bounty, Sizzla etc claim to be king of the dancehall? I'm quite certain Sizzla still put out goodmusic that makes sense.

Jawge, when the girls in the hip hop videos or the honeys in the ****cat dolls duh dem thing, you complain about lewdness and crudeness? When you see dem girls a gyrate in the soca videos, wha yuh say? My reason for calling people like you hypocrite is clear, if you fail to see that ... well ... a nuh nothing new.

Listen to Beenie's umm umm, fling it whey and the one bout informa! If you and Balla fail fi see what I'm saying ... then ... a nuh nothing new.

Comment

Working...
                              X