Jamaican Pastor says U.S keeps Jamaican Ganja illegal to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican Pastor says U.S keeps Jamaican Ganja illegal to

Make us Poor!.....6 million dollar us patent .....legalalization continues in U.S states for medical use .

News
    SDA pastor hails J'can ganja as the World's best

BY PAUL HENRY Sunday Observer staff reporter henryp@jamaicaobserver.com

Sunday, May 23, 2010

IF you entered the Andrews Memorial Church Seventh-day Adventist Church two Saturdays ago with any doubt as to which country produced the highest grade marijuana crop, your darkness would have no doubt been enlightened after listening to Pastor Lorenzo King's cutting sermon.

Not only did the controversial King reveal that Jamaica had the highest grade ganja, he also named St Elizabeth, St Ann and Westmoreland as the parishes where the country's best weed can be found.

KING... the best parishes in Jamaica to grow ganja are Westmoreland, St Elizabeth and St Ann
    KING... the best parishes in Jamaica to grow ganja are Westmoreland, St Elizabeth and St Ann 1/1

King's hailing of the weed came as he spoke of a conspiracy by former United States President Ronald Reagan in the 1980s to destroy the crop, while questioning whether this was done, as officially stated, in the interest of national and regional security or to keep Jamaica poor.

"What is the truth behind the destruction of the ganja population in Jamaica?" King rhetorically asked congregants, among them Lorna Golding, the wife of Prime Minister Bruce Golding.

"We know that ganja can mad you. I don't need anybody to tell me anything to refute that because I have seen it. And I know that you can smoke ganja and you can live a normal life forever. I know that. What is the truth behind the destruction of the ganja population?"

Relating a version of the truth of the destruction, which he recently gleaned from a man — whom he said "spoke a truth stranger than fiction" — King said that the US gave 12 helicopters to the Jamaica Defence Force with the mandate to find and destroy the ganja population in Jamaica.

The reason, he said, was that researchers at the University of the West Indies had refused to sell the patent for their "glaucoma formula" from cannabis to a US pharmaceutical company for US$6 million.

"Is that in the national or regional interest? Or isn't that intended to keep us poor; because maybe, the Jamaican ganja, is the best ganja in the world," King said to a mixture of surprise and laughter.

"It is scientifically proven, it is the best ganja in the world... The best parishes in Jamaica to grow ganja are Westmoreland, St Elizabeth and St Ann. These are the best parishes," King said.

Added King: "Is it because this was a crop which was an invention that would lift us out of poverty? Think about it, governments are not in the business of truth-telling. So because of that, brothers and sisters, intelligent people relate to official government statements with a healthy dose of suspicion. I suspect every official statement that is made by the Government.

"And I am suspicious because I know the difference between information, misinformation and disinformation and if you don't know, do a little reading," he told congregants
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

I Keep telling all who will listen , legalise it along the same route the USA takes for medical use, not for export and create red zones and free zones and tax it.

We are playing the ass, in criminalising a plant that cost so much of our budget to keep illegal ...for what gain ? and the USA is legalising it medically.Canada has done it , and parts of europe have gone further than that.

Are we idiots , the forgein revenue that can be derived from it is enormous , nutthing goes to waste off ganja , down to the seed can be used for bio fuel, paper and clothing etc.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Several States have decriminalized ganja for medicinal purposes, and others have lessened the penalties for possession of small amounts for personal use. Jamaican leaders have always lacked vision and they are resistant to change......
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Any idiot knows that. The US is the largest manufacturer of the herbs. We may have the best naturally grown herb but the US has much more potent indoor in larger quantities than we do

Comment

No. Jamaican leaders are cow towing to your beloved USA

Comment

phillip morris buy thousands of acres in the golden triangle, california, go figure

Comment

the jamaican government are colonial in nature, and have never been truly independent, and stick to old world notions

Comment

dem growing the same grade outdoors as indoors, they have taken it to a scientific level, some wid seed some without
                watch the documentary How weed won the West

Comment

Working...
                X