Resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resign

If the Coke extradition, MPP-JLP-PM intervention, and the cover-up were not enough for Golding to resign, then the blatantly display of criminality by his constituents should be more than enough for him to do the dignified thing and resign. If he doesn't then the people should demand it.

I think that the only thing that is blunting the people's call for his resignation, and it is quite understandable, is the prospect of having Simpson-Miller taking over. Talking about exchanging a rocket scientist for a brain surgeon. We are screwed.

Trust me bruce nuh bright like portia. Please look at the data and FACTS before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
      If the Coke extradition, MPP-JLP-PM intervention, and the cover-up were not enough for Golding to resign, then the blatantly display of criminality by his constituents should be more than enough for him to do the dignified thing and resign. If he doesn't then the people should demand it.

I think that the only thing that is blunting the people's call for his resignation, and it is quite understandable, is the prospect of having Simpson-Miller taking over. Talking about exchanging a rocket scientist for a brain surgeon. We are screwed.
      Wait, do we have a police force? Whats this ridiculous call for the PM to get involved? Gunmen are in there, the police needs to do their job. Now, the PM get involved unuh start accusing him of protecting gunmen.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Trust me bruce nuh bright like portia. Please look at the data and FACTS before you.
        Have to agree with you Jawge. Portia and bright nuh belong inna the same sentence.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Maybe they are equally dumb. What makes it worse are the 1st tier people waiting in the wings. Not looking good for poor people.

Comment

Why this claim of the JLP leaving office?
            ...couldn't a new PM and a shuffling of the Cabinet do for now?

As far as I see it the additional ones within the government who would be relieved of of their positions and demoted are few - Vaz, Samuda, unfortunately Ken Baugh (and personally I would accept an apology from him - Surely his blurting out that Golding should resign is an inadvertent show of where his thinking on this matter lies), the chap who has already resigned.

Senators could be brought in (by various means) to take over their portfolios.

I would not push for an election and a new government at this time. 2+ years for the next elections is no biggie.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The only thing is the so called 1st and 2nd tiers, would be backbenchers in a real government.

Comment

Anything to excuse the PM's behaviour. You are incredible!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The only thing is the so called 1st and 2nd tiers, would be backbenchers in a real government.
                  ...not the only option. After the island-wide and foreign search among our nationals and the necessary due diligence...among other things Senator(s) could resign...new Senators/Minister designates mooted and then appointed. In fact, a bold PM could even appoint qualified competent PNP leaning persons to 1 or 2 posts.

From then on it is preform or 'the boot'. Time for a new beginning!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                    Anything to excuse the PM's behaviour. You are incredible!
                    Where is the excuse? This is a police matter bredren and you know it. Yuh just looking for another opportunity to start.

Comment

It is NOT simply a police matter! Act like you have sense nuh?

It is a national security matter!
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

There is nothing any leader can do? The PM/MP cannot appeal for sanity among his constituents? The MP/PM cannot appeal to the accused to turn himself peacefully and to instruct his supporters to stand down? Can he appeal to them to turn in their weapons or suffer the consequences? Nothing anyone can do!?!? I don't believe that!

Yes, we'll have to go get the guns and those who are willing to use them, but we don't have to accept the first thing that has presented itself, it seems, and that is open warfare in the streets of Kingston.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Its fair to call for his resignation for the way the whole saga was handled. In fact, his behaviour calls for resignation.

But, whats happening now in Tivoli is inevitable, it would have happened it the extradition request was signed straight away. This was always going to be the result of the extradition request being signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                            It is NOT simply a police matter! Act like you have sense nuh?

It is a national security matter!
                            We're on the same page then. Yuh nuh affi get techical over it. LAw Enforcement matter, National Security matter, police matter ... with my name, which you think I would type?

Comment

The point is Lazie, is that a national security matter has to be addressed by the highest level of government.

A police issue, even if its murder, does not.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X