Irony of Ironies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irony of Ironies

The dogged, gnawing, unrelenting Peter Phillips seems to be the one who caused Bruce to break and finally become contrite, yet combative. Will his party realize that? Or will Portia benefit and become Prime Minister for a long time, until she loses to the other party, before Phillips, if he is still young enough, is considered for party leader?

Also does anyone realize that the hypocrisy re the extradition matters probably wont end with Bruce and with the JLP? I will bet good money that, regardless of the merits of the JLP's arguments regarding the collection of evidence and witness testimony in the Coke case, because the initial sting will be lost, the PNP, in the future, will make the same arguments, without as much consternation from most quarters, because this JLP government has already done the work for them.

Putting the politics and the unholy linkages of the Coke case aside, could it be that the former PNP government leaders are also wondering if they should have been more vigorous in their review of past extradition cases? Even if they think that, it is not politically expedient to give even the slightest hint of that.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Actually the PNP already set the precedent... years ago.

Comment

Well said Westman. It seems as if Peter Phillips should be strongly considered for leading the country, but Jamaican politics as it is would rather have a clown like Portia, or Vaz for that matter.

Comment

I dont think we have to worry about Daryl Vaz being PM of this country, not now and certainly not any time soon...his portfolio position gives him a lot of face time on TV etc but that does not mean anything as far as seniority in the party is concerned.
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
        X