No announcement yet.

The chickens are coming home to roost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The chickens are coming home to roost.

After many years of an incompetent and corrupt PNP government, followed by an even more incompetent and corrupt JLP government, years of discouraging the use of standard English in our day to day lives, DJ's expressing violent lyrics at will, encouraging and establishing garrisons, the chickens have finally come hoe to roost in the form of government impotence in solving the every day problems of the common citizen, children leaving school without being able to read or write in standard English, entertainers now being the targets of the same people on whom they used to shower praises in their songs, and yes, the arms of the law can't even go into the garrison to serve papers on one who is thought to be, at least by most impartial observers, a damn criminal.

This PM has some dazzling fancy footwork. Bill Clinton pales in comparison:

Yesterday, under persistent questioning from Opposition Member of Parliament, Dr Peter Phillips who had first questioned the engagement of the US law firm in March this year, Prime Minister Golding sought refuge in Standing Order provisions governing the conduct of questions when asked why he had not admitted to being the one to 'sanction' persons within the party to seek legal representation in the first place.

"...Why didn't you say so then?" Phillips asked.

"The question I was asked was whether the Government of Jamaica had engaged the services of Manatt," Golding said emphatically, noting that he had answered what was asked of him at the time.

When Phillips continued to press he said: "There is a great deal of latitude, many courtesies extended in this House but the member ought to be aware that in Standing Order 16 he can only ask a question of a minister in his official capacity in relation to his portfolio responsibilities; you cannot ask in the House anything about my responsibilities as party leader.

"Ask any question of me in terms of my official responsibilities and I am prepared to answer that...you cannot ask in this House anything about my responsibilities as a party leader," Golding said to shouts of disapproval from the Opposition.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Where's your freaking letterhead. Just relax and enjoy the Latte.

Comment

Or the roost is trapping the chickens
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          This PM has some dazzling fancy footwork. Bill Clinton pales in comparison:
          ... and as a result he must resign? It is clear ppl nuh have nothing fi bother dem. If you ask me if the sun a shine and me say no .... how yuh ago complain when yuh realize that rain a fall?

Yes, he did handle the matter in a clumsy manner but the calls for his resignation is comical.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Phillps better make sure him go check all his "is"es, "was"es, and "when"ses before him come try back this Drivah in a corner! LOL!
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Is clumsy you call it? LOL!

I call it dishonest and pathetic.

At least in Clintons case him was just dancing around wether he got a blow job or not. Here we talking bout gun and drug smuggling.

Comment

Is clumsy you call it? LOL!

I call it dishonest and pathetic.

At least in Clintons case him was just dancing around wether he got a blow job or not. Here we talking bout gun and drug smuggling.
                Ahhh, why am I not surprised yuh trying to paint it that way? Leave that to those with ulterior motives.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Trust me, this nuh need nuh paint! It glowing in the dark!

Comment

Trust me, this nuh need nuh paint! It glowing in the dark!
                    Well is nuff people claim dem see duppy in the dark ... yuh ago tell me yuh believe in ghost stories now? What is the dispute in the request? Mi know you have been paying attention, so to claim it is about "gun and drug smuggling" is quite a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      Ahhh, why am I not surprised yuh trying to paint it that way? Leave that to those with ulterior motives.
                      So what is Dudus accused of... chess playing?
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                        So what is Dudus accused of... chess playing?
                        Again, what is the hitch with the extradition request? People been doing their best to tip toe around that issue. But as I asked a few weeks ago, who is interested in the truth or simply looking for a means to go at the gov't.

Comment

Lazie funny bad. Seems not to know the difference between legality and morality.

Comment

Lazie funny bad. Seems not to know the difference between legality and morality.
                            I've been called alot of things round here. But since you choose not to answer the question continue with the propoganda.

Comment

at least not when it comes to his tribe
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X