RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft losing ground in the browser war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft losing ground in the browser war...

I type this using Google Chrome incidentally:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/10095730.stm

Microsoft's Internet Explorer losing browser share
    Page last updated at 11:39 GMT, Tuesday, 4 May 2010 12:39 UK

Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) web browser, now accounts for less than 60% of the market, down from 95% at its peak in 2003, according to new figures.................click the link for the rest.

BROWSER MARKET SHARE
    Continue reading the main story
    Internet Explorer - 59.9%
    Firefox - 24.5%
    Chrome - 6.7%
    Safari - 4.7%
    Opera - 2.3%
    Opera Mini - 0.7%
    Netscape - 0.46%
    Mozilla - 0.16%
    Flock - 0.06%
    Lunascape - 0.04%
    Source: Net Applications..............

Has anyone ever heard of Flock and Lunascape though? I only knew of 7 on that list.

Comment

Den browser jus not robust enough fi changing technologies, A membah all kina hacks need fi CSS stylin language fi page presentattion etc. Was pain fi wuk wid, all now it still ah pain. Firefox ah di bes by a mile.
      Last edited by myYout; May 4, 2010, 12:38 PM.

Comment

yuh know PLENTY!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I always thought Firefox was made by Mozilla. Anyway it's because of open source (mac pshing) too why Firefox has gained so much ground.

Comment

Yes Firefox is a product of the Mozilla organizaion. It is a branch from the original browser in the Mozilla software suite.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

it was inevitable... no company can sustain that marketshare in an enviroment that promotes competition...

my take is explorer will remain the leader, even at 43 %... i've used firefox and chrome and went back to explorer...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

depends what you are doing. fire fox dont support activex.. so its limited.

Comment

exactly... i don't know what explorer don't support... and mi cudden bodda a switch browsers over and over... suh mi juss werk wid what duh everyting mi need...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

I have four browsers installed on my machine. Explorer, Safari, Chrome & Firefox. I ongle use Explorer when mi have no choice with certain webpages and it teks the longest to load. These days mi primarily use Chrome & Firefox.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Yeah thats my general view too. For what I do with browsers there is that much of a difference in features between them.

BTW I am coming around to your way of thinking on Apple and the way they do business. If those guys were in Microsofts dominant position on the desktop they would be far,far worse than them. Them run the Apps store like a military dictatorship to rhatid, and now them basically declare war on Adobe Flash.

Me kinda stuck with the iphone because I have all my music in iTunes and listen to so many podcasts, but thank god fe Android so at least them will have some competition. I hear that Windows Phone 7 is a good mobile OS too.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

and memroy usage poor at times, so it crash

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                          I have four browsers installed on my machine. Explorer, Safari, Chrome & Firefox. I ongle use Explorer when mi have no choice with certain webpages and it teks the longest to load. These days mi primarily use Chrome & Firefox.
                          yes boss...mi stay said way wid dem 4 browsa plus opera.... sometime certain browser flop... mi jus switch on the fly to di nex candidate...mi nah tek set pon one wagon train
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You are like me, I have those four plus Opera and Flock on my desktop. My preference is for Firefox however because of security issues with IE. If I have problems with a web page, then I may switch to IE for that then back.

I find all those browsers to be very good, so one does not have to stick with IE for everything.
                            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                              I always thought Firefox was made by Mozilla. Anyway it's because of open source (mac pshing) too why Firefox has gained so much ground.
                              It is.

It's probably an error unless Net Applications was using the term "Mozilla" to refer to their other browser product (Mozilla SeaMonkey).

Comment

Working...
                              X