Jamaica to participate in massive expo in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica to participate in massive expo in China

Jamaica to participate in massive expo in China Thursday, 22 April 2010 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }JAMPRO is to co-ordinate Jamaica's participation in the World Expo, due to take place in China from May One to October 31.

st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }Details of the promotional plans for the expo were unveiled at a press conference hosted on Wednesday.

The Jamaican delegation which leaves for Shanghai on Thursday is charged with promoting high value niche exports from Jamaica.

Jampro will also host two distributor forums aimed at linking Chinese investors with Jamaican exporters and manufacturers

Approximately 70 million people are expected to attend the event which will be held in Shanghai.

Addressing participants, Commerce Minister Karl Samuda, urged them to be meticulous in ensuring that only the best of Jamaica's produce is put on show in China.

"Whatever products we take to China there must not be the possibility of a discriminating buyer taking up a product and finding fault with it. The product must be perfect, because for us to make the kind of impression we need to make about Jamaica, we must be excellent. Nothing else will do,"

"We are not just sun, sand and sea we are a great vibrant country that offers a great opportunity for investors and for business to trade with those goods and services we produce and that must be the image we project at all times," Mr. Samuda said.

About 20 local exporters will get the chance to showcase a wide range of products and services at the expo.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I would suggest that they better push 'fun , sun sand and sea"..........

Jamaica struggle to satisfy basic export demands on simple products.

Consistent product quality is another issue.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      "We are not just sun, sand and sea we are a great vibrant country that offers a great opportunity for investors and for business to trade with those goods and services we produce and that must be the image we project at all times," Mr. Samuda said.
      ...but we have a huge problem honouring treaties.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

i agree! sad to, but a suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sad but that is why the slavery mentality will continue.

When we show the Japanese the Blue Mountain Coffee what happen? Them come and buy up all the land and employ us.

When we have ackee a sell fi 14 dollars a tin, instead of planting orchad and making a fair price them blead the US consumer and other countries take note as the have no tin product selling so high, now Costa Rica, Haiti and others have or planning to test the market.

Stuff like cut flowers we could easily cut in the US market as the Netherland is much further and it grow wild in Ja.

If anybody at China like our products they will just come and start producing for themselves then we complain and get none of profit, just straight up salaries. Ah bwoy at least a few people will get a job.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not good enough Assasin.

Jamaica should be a case study in overall tourism.

Instead, the spanish and others are teaching them the ropes

HL

Comment

you see it. We invented the all-inclusive and then the man them come and just put up their hotel right alongside sandals and superclubs. Not to take anything away but all they did was adapt the concept.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                Not good enough Assasin.

Jamaica should be a case study in overall tourism.

Instead, the spanish and others are teaching them the ropes
                really?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well if people fling stone aftah Butch Stewart and him World Class Brand.. wheh yuh expec..

Comment

yes really....

HL

Comment

Working...
                    X