X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evangelist has advice from Almighty re ‘Dudus’ extradition

Evangelist has advice from Almighty re ‘Dudus’ extradition
    'Hear God, Mr Prime Minister'
    BY PAT ROXBOROUGH-WRIGHT EDITOR-AT-LARGE/WESTERN BUREAU roxboroughp@jamaicaobserver.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

MONTEGO BAY, St James — Evangelist Patricia Cole is no stranger to politics.

In 2001, she wrangled her way through key connections to set up a prayer meeting with then Prime Minister PJ Patterson, who consequently signed a national proclamation along with Opposition leader Edward Seaga and Governor General Howard Cooke calling all Jamaicans to pray for two days. Again in 2007, while on a mission in the United States, she set up a prayer meeting with then Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller through a direct phone call to her office.

Now she's seeking -- albeit with little success so far -- a meeting with Prime Minister Bruce Golding.

"I am trying to make contact because the Lord has given me a message for our prime minister concerning the extradition of Mr Christopher 'Dudus' Coke among other things. I don't want to hide and give it to him. God's name must be glorified. Jamaica must know that this word is coming from God," she told the Observer West.

Cole declined to divulge the message in detail.

"I am not going to tell what the Lord has said to me about 'Dudus' yet. I am seeking an urgent meeting with the prime minister and the others who are involved so that I can tell them first. After that I will share what I have been told by the Lord with the rest of the nation. In the meantime, Jamaica -- it's leaders and people -- need to repent. I have seen how the Lord has held back the winds of strife... earthquake, hurricane, floods because of the prayers of people in this nation. However, he will not hold back indefintely, this is the last warning," she told the Observer West.
    Quoting from the biblical book of Haggai, Cole warned that failure on the part of the nation to obey the will of the Almighty would lead to certain destruction.

"Persistent disobedience of this nature has very severe repercussions... drought and futility. It's right there we sow much, but bring in little, we drink, but we are not filled, we wear clothes, but we are still exposed and we earn wages, only to put it into a bag of holes," she said.

"We have sinned and have committed iniquity and have done wickedly and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts... confusion of the face belongeth to us, therefore the curse is poured upon us," she continued, quoting from from the biblical book of Daniel.

A former bank employee, Cole was born in Bunkers Hill, Trelawny in 1952. After graduating from the Holmwood Technical High school, she migrated to the United States where she continued her career before marrying and returning to Jamaica to work in her husband's business.

It wasn't until she got ill though, that she switched gears to become a Christian.

Since then she has become a key figure in the Seventh-Day Adventist Church, using her connections to secure meetings and teleconferences with various leaders including US President Barack Obama on national issues.

"She has prayed with me from time to time... what she is saying is correct," Simpson Miller told the Observer West.

"I know that prime ministers are very busy, but sometimes you have to find the time for all people, including those from the religious sector. I never turned my back on prayer and I believe that the Government should open itself to prayer and try to stay in touch with the people, because if ever there was a time that Jamaica needs prayer, it is now," Simpson Miller added.

Tamika Hastings, Seaga's research assistant, also confirmed Cole's involvement with him.

"Yes, she has met with him and in fact we are in the process of setting up another meeting with him right now... it is just a matter of co-ordinating their itineraries as they both travel a lot," she told the Observer West.
    In the meantime, Cole, who is scheduled to leave the island on the weekend, says she is not about to give up on Golding.

"When I called his office they told me to stay where I was and pray for him, but that is not good enough. The Lord wants me to meet with him directly and give him the message," she said.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Whatever happen to Prophet Phinn
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

She has been meeting with all the PMs what has been the benefit? She sure is the almighty she hearing and not her husband whispering in her ear?

Then again, Bruce nuh meet with her and a natural disaster happens .... can you imagine the reaction?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
        Whatever happen to Prophet Phinn
        Him a go by the name "Phinn" now.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Cho Bruce must meet with the lady! She is a very important person who can break this impasse.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
          X