Tourism Minister Defends Airlift Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    It was also said Cabinet didn't know of the deal, yuh figet dat one tuh. Unuh is a petty set.
    That's the point...Cabinet needed to approve it before the contract was executed.

come betta dan dat Lettahead,,,thanks for proving my point
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

when you approve somebody of lying especially when they are quoting figures you must be able to prove it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        when you approve somebody of lying especially when they are quoting figures you must be able to prove it.
        I guess you mean accuse??

I already pointed out some lies of his in this affair...well let me be charitable and describe them as misstatements

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

where did you point it out. You alway a call the man a liar without any facts at all.

Show me once where you put up the facts.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Golding didn't say that Don1. He said the cabinet was fully informed and all the way but some procedure was broken and it won't happen again.

Comment

where did you point it out. You alway a call the man a liar without any facts at all.

Show me once where you put up the facts.
              aah bwoy. Suh your bwoy wear a halo?? Im cyaan duh nutten wrang?? Leggo di hero worship nuh.

OCG welcomes Golding’s response

2010-03-26 17:58:39 | (0 Comments)
              The Office of the Contractor General (OCG) has welcomed the response of Prime Minister Bruce Golding to the OCG’s Special Report of Investigation into the American Airlines Airlift Agreements.

Yesterday, Mr. Golding told the Lower House that contrary to the findings of the contractor general, the tourism minister did not mislead the cabinet regarding the deal.

According to Mr. Golding, while it was incorrect for the Cabinet submission to have referred to the arrangement as an unsolicited proposal, the origin and nature of the deal were fully explained to the Cabinet.

He however acknowledged that the airlift agreements were in fact signed by the chairman of JAMVAC, John Lynch and without the approval of Cabinet, and that it was a breach of government policy.

In his statement this afternoon, contractor general Greg Christie noted this as among aspects of the prime minister’s statement which he says will serve to re-enforce critical principles of accountability and transparency in public contracting in Jamaica.

However, the OCG says it’s unreservedly standing by its finding that the tourism minister Edmund Bartlett signed a formal Cabinet Submission, dated September 9, 2008 which it says falsely stated that JAMVAC favourably considered a verbal, unsolicited proposal from American Airlines.

The OCG says the gravity of Mr. Bartlett’s false representation must be viewed, among other things, against the contradictory written statement of American Airlines which was sent to its office.

That statement said that American Airlines was approached by Lionel
              Reid, the Executive Director of JAMVAC and John Lynch, the Director of Tourism and Chairman of the Jamaica Tourist Board, concerning the possibility of American Airlines adding additional service to Jamaica.

The OCG notes that irrespective of what discussions took place in the Cabinet meeting, Mr. Bartlett’s Cabinet submission, which has legal force and is still on the public record, has, to date, neither been amended nor withdrawn, nor was its content challenged or clarified by the Cabinet Secretary in his sworn written response of November 3, 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                That's the point...Cabinet needed to approve it before the contract was executed.

come betta dan dat Lettahead,,,thanks for proving my point
                You are so misinformed its not funny anymore. Continue on yuh foolish path.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Golding didn't say that Don1. He said the cabinet was fully informed and all the way but some procedure was broken and it won't happen again.
                  Don1 only look for what support his ignorant, misinformed position.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

you are misinformed...read the report below.

1. He misrepresented to the Cabinet the fact that his people approached American..... not the other way around

2. He committed to the expenditure prior to Cabinet approval

Just as i said

Comment

You are so misinformed its not funny anymore. Continue on yuh foolish path.
                      ok Lettahead...will do

Comment

"The Office of the Contractor General (OCG) has welcomed the response of Prime Minister Bruce Golding to the OCG’s Special Report of Investigation into the American Airlines Airlift Agreements.

Yesterday, Mr. Golding told the Lower House that contrary to the findings of the contractor general, the tourism minister did not mislead the cabinet regarding the deal.

According to Mr. Golding, while it was incorrect for the Cabinet submission to have referred to the arrangement as an unsolicited proposal, the origin and nature of the deal were fully explained to the Cabinet.

He however acknowledged that the airlift agreements were in fact signed by the chairman of JAMVAC, John Lynch and without the approval of Cabinet, and that it was a breach of government policy."

That is key right there. You can sprew all you want.

Comment

Don1 only look for what support his ignorant, misinformed position.
                          supply the facts to counter my supposed misinformation

Comment

He however acknowledged that the airlift agreements were in fact signed by the chairman of JAMVAC, John Lynch and without the approval of Cabinet, and that it was a breach of government policy."

Did you read the whole thing. The Prime Minister who is the head of the cabinet said they weren't misinformed and if he is at the meetings and said so then?

Comment

"The Office of the Contractor General (OCG) has welcomed the response of Prime Minister Bruce Golding to the OCG’s Special Report of Investigation into the American Airlines Airlift Agreements.

That is key right there. You can sprew all you want.
                              I will believe an independent Contractor General over a corrupt, self serving politician any day of the week.

The CG's report verifies my points

Comment

The CG can make a judgement but he wasn't at the meetings, was he?

He had no problem with Golding saying the cabinet was fully informed.

Comment

Working...
                                X