• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPRAH'S 'LIES' ABOUT HER PAST Stories of sexual abuse and po

OPRAH'S 'LIES' ABOUT HER PAST
    Stories of sexual abuse and poverty were exaggerated, claims biography
    Saturday, April 17, 2010
    She built a billion-pound showbusiness empire by persuading everyone from housewives to superstars to come clean about their past on her daytime TV show, but a new book sensationally claims that Oprah Winfrey has embellished the truth about her own life to boost ratings.

Her dirt-poor upbringing, tales of sexual abuse and her relationship with longtime partner Stedman Graham have all allegedly been manipulated to gild her rags-to-riches success story, according to celebrity biographer Kitty Kelley. Kelley claims the talk-show host concocted stories about the molestation she said she suffered as a child and massively exaggerated the poverty in which she was raised.

The famous talk-show queen speaks to her audience.
    1/1

Winfrey claimed she was so poor she never had any new clothes or toys and adopted two cockroaches as pets. But her family insisted Winfrey was 'spoiled' as a child. “Where Oprah got that nonsense about growing up in filth and roaches I have no idea,” claimed her cousin, Katherine Carr Esters. “I've confronted her and asked, ‘Why do you tell such lies?’ Oprah told me, ‘That's what people want to hear. The truth is boring.’ Winfrey's stepfather Vernon said: “She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth. So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed.”

In the book, Oprah, Kelley claims America's biggest-earning TV icon has gone to great lengths to cover up her sexuality. She reportedly paid people off to prevent them speaking out about her alleged lesbian affairs and allegedly maintained a long-term relationship with Graham in order to appeal to her largely female audience.

“Oprah keeps Stedman around because she wants her audience to accept her as a normal woman with a man in her life,” claimed landscaper James van Sweden, who worked for the couple. “From what I saw during those four years, I can tell you there's nothing there with Stedman. Nothing at all. He's simply a fixture in her life - window dressing.” The pair do not even share a bedroom, according to the book. Kelley claims Winfrey is ' asexual'.

But she said there were reports of a steamy relationship years ago with a top female American news anchor. The book claims Winfrey paid one ex-boyfriend £30,000 not to talk about her alleged lesbian affairs and the fact that her brother, who died of AIDS, was gay.

She allegedly stole from her mother's purse before she was sent to Nashville to live with Vernon, who is listed on her birth certificate as her father. He is said to be the stern disciplinarian who straightened her out.

However, Winfrey is claimed not to know the identity of her real father.

Esters allegedly told Kelley who the father was on condition that she doesn't publish it until after Winfrey's mother, Vernita Lee, had told her daughter. “And you'll know when that happens because Oprah will probably have a show on finding your real father,” said Esters. “As I said, the girl wastes nothing.”

Kelley has written controversial books about Jackie Onassis, Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor and the Royal Family, but despite being attacked as a 'poison pen' biographer and a gossipmonger, she has never been successfully sued for libel or been forced to retract any of her written claims.

—Daily Mail
    Last edited by Karl; April 18, 2010, 12:37 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

This confirms why mi neva like har from mawning!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      This confirms why mi neva like har from mawning!
      =============================================

So how yuh know that what wannabe Kelly write is the truth! Mek Kelly gweh, whether or not Oprah a tell lie, Oprah is wanna of us, and she has done a lot to enhance humanity.

Kelly just envious fi know seh a black woman a carry the money bag
      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
      - Langston Hughes

Comment

No

There are others things about Oprah that dont sit right.

I could care less about her colour...

Comment

Big up Oprah. No worse than any other media personality out there. She has achived a lot and helped a lot of people. Full credit to her.

Comment

Yuh naah endanger you cut??? LoL

Cousin cut get cut off?

Media personalities are a low breed to be compared to. Not really flattery.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              Big up Oprah. No worse than any other media personality out there. She has achived a lot and helped a lot of people. Full credit to her.

AMEN
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

low breed as opposed to who? Valuation experts? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  OPRAH'S 'LIES' ABOUT HER PAST
                  Stories of sexual abuse and poverty were exaggerated, claims biography
                  Saturday, April 17, 2010
                  She built a billion-pound showbusiness empire by persuading everyone from housewives to superstars to come clean about their past on her daytime TV show, but a new book sensationally claims that Oprah Winfrey has embellished the truth about her own life to boost ratings.

Her dirt-poor upbringing, tales of sexual abuse and her relationship with longtime partner Stedman Graham have all allegedly been manipulated to gild her rags-to-riches success story, according to celebrity biographer Kitty Kelley. Kelley claims the talk-show host concocted stories about the molestation she said she suffered as a child and massively exaggerated the poverty in which she was raised.

The famous talk-show queen speaks to her audience.
                  1/1

Winfrey claimed she was so poor she never had any new clothes or toys and adopted two cockroaches as pets. But her family insisted Winfrey was 'spoiled' as a child. “Where Oprah got that nonsense about growing up in filth and roaches I have no idea,” claimed her cousin, Katherine Carr Esters. “I've confronted her and asked, ‘Why do you tell such lies?’ Oprah told me, ‘That's what people want to hear. The truth is boring.’ Winfrey's stepfather Vernon said: “She may be admired by the world, but I know the truth. So does God and so does Oprah. Two of us remain ashamed.”

In the book, Oprah, Kelley claims America's biggest-earning TV icon has gone to great lengths to cover up her sexuality. She reportedly paid people off to prevent them speaking out about her alleged lesbian affairs and allegedly maintained a long-term relationship with Graham in order to appeal to her largely female audience.

“Oprah keeps Stedman around because she wants her audience to accept her as a normal woman with a man in her life,” claimed landscaper James van Sweden, who worked for the couple. “From what I saw during those four years, I can tell you there's nothing there with Stedman. Nothing at all. He's simply a fixture in her life - window dressing.” The pair do not even share a bedroom, according to the book. Kelley claims Winfrey is ' asexual'.

But she said there were reports of a steamy relationship years ago with a top female American news anchor. The book claims Winfrey paid one ex-boyfriend £30,000 not to talk about her alleged lesbian affairs and the fact that her brother, who died of AIDS, was gay.

She allegedly stole from her mother's purse before she was sent to Nashville to live with Vernon, who is listed on her birth certificate as her father. He is said to be the stern disciplinarian who straightened her out.

However, Winfrey is claimed not to know the identity of her real father.

Esters allegedly told Kelley who the father was on condition that she doesn't publish it until after Winfrey's mother, Vernita Lee, had told her daughter. “And you'll know when that happens because Oprah will probably have a show on finding your real father,” said Esters. “As I said, the girl wastes nothing.”

Kelley has written controversial books about Jackie Onassis, Frank Sinatra, Elizabeth Taylor and the Royal Family, but despite being attacked as a 'poison pen' biographer and a gossipmonger, she has never been successfully sued for libel or been forced to retract any of her written claims.

—Daily Mail
                  So is accused of telling a little 'I was poor lie' and earning a couple billions while helping or entertaining people? How that compare to the firm wall firm that is accused of telling lies and earning billions when the econonmy collapsed!
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

YES!!!

Comment

Yuh cut safe. LoL

Comment

Likkle?

Ah some whopper dat. Bout she have roach as pet and no know har dawdie.

Steeeuuupps.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          Likkle?

Ah some whopper dat. Bout she have roach as pet and no know har dawdie.

Steeeuuupps.

A lie Kelly a tell pon the ooman, mi neva hear har seh dat yet
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                            X