What a beautiful morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a beautiful morning

"Davies and Opposition spokesman on transport and works Robert Pickersgill have repeatedly raised questions about the rules governing the way in which resources allocated to the fund have been spent.
    The Government in April of last year introduced a 20 per cent increase in the Special Consumption Tax on fuel -- the proceeds from which were to be fed into the existing Road Maintenance Fund for infrastructural works and repairs.
    The Opposition, however, has accused the Government of using the tax in ways other than what was originally intended.
    "The minister of finance, in imposing the additional taxes on gasolene a year ago, explicitly gave as a partial justification the increased allocation to the Road Maintenance Fund. The administration does not seem to recognise the obligation to state to the public precisely what are the levels of inflow into the fund and how these resources are being handled," Davies said. "The credibility of both the Minister of Finance and the Minister of Transport and Works is at stake."
    Meanwhile, he said the Government still needed to come clean on the details of the US$400-million road rehabilitation programme between itself and China.
    He further lamented what he said was his having to 'publicly criticise' House Speaker Delroy Chuck who, despite having "great powers to demand answers from ministers" based on the Standing Orders, has not entirely exercised his authority in this respect."

Oh what wonderful irony...

Gives one a tingly feeling inside..

Well why are the ministers taking so long to provide the answers? Just give them the answers instead of giving them a gounds to grandstand.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

look like seh yuh memory short..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        look like seh yuh memory short..
        Maybe yuh onto something, but when the minister don't answer the questions, the Omars and the Deacons try to give the impression they are hiding something. Just give them the answer and mek dem find something else fi bitch bout.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I actually enjoy them bitching...

Dem staring at another loss and it burning dem..

Did I mention it was a beautiful morning ?

Mi did seh mi naah sorry fi dem.. I meant it..

Comment

den imagine when it starts off with a latte on Ocean Blvd!

By the way, why am I still falling in potholes when I drive? Unnu tekking out $9 for every litre of gas I buy to fix di road dem and all now...!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

When is Election ?

Gwaan tek Bruce and the Team light..

BTW when last yuh drive Norbrook Rd and Jackshill Rd ?

Mi did haffi wondah wheh mi deh !

Comment

Working...
              X