Who needs a job? I am hiring....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who needs a job? I am hiring....

Vexed that some 30% of driver candidates flunk its traditional training, United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS) is moving beyond the classroom to ready its rookies for the road.

In the place of books and lectures are videogames, a contraption that simulates walking on ice and an obstacle course around an artificial village.

Based on results so far, the world's largest package-delivery company is convinced that 20-somethings -- the bulk of UPS driver recruits -- respond best to high-tech instruction and a chance to hone skills.

Driver training is crucial for Atlanta-based UPS, which employs 99,000 U.S. drivers and says it will need to hire 25,000 over the next five years to replace retiring Baby Boomers.

Candidates vying for a driver's job, which pays an average of $74,000 annually, now spend one week at Integrad, an 11,500-square-foot, low-slung brick UPS training center 10 miles outside of Washington, D.C.
    Last edited by HL; April 9, 2010, 02:20 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Not bad work at all in these tough times.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Not bad work at all in these tough times.
      Even when times are good...that is good change!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Dat salary seems high!

Comment

UPS work dem hard yuh nuh! dem deserve EVERY penny! i worked at a UPS hub one summer ... high presure and very demanding!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Not saving they dont deserve it....Im just sayin....

Comment

what I am saying is that they mighteven be underpaid!!! dem wuk dem HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRD!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

suits slave drivers like HL.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bruce Golding Probably click da thread ya a hundred time when him see di thread title.

Comment

One day you are going to make the mistake and say something nice about me....
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      One day you are going to make the mistake and say something nice about me....
                      Won't be a mistake. You are one of the kindest people I know.

(There! That wasn't too bad afterall, huh, Mosiah?)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

you figet Mosiah work in construction? You think them accuse hm?
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                        X