X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica-born judge shot in St Lucia

Jamaica-born judge shot in St Lucia

Published: Friday | April 9, 2010 0 Comments and 0 Reactions

A Jamaica-born magistrate living and working in St Lucia was shot and wounded in that Carib-bean island yesterday.

Press officer for the St Lucia police force, Corporal Trevor Con-stantine, confirmed that Magistrate Ann-Marie Smith was in her car near her home when she was shot more than once in the leg by masked gunmen.
    He told The Gleaner/Power 106 News Centre that Smith was in hospital in stable condition.

The St Lucian police have not yet established a motive for the shooting, but Constantine said investigators were "on the ground aggressively pursuing the matter".

"The police are doing all they can to bring the matter to closure," Constantine assured.
    He also called on people who saw anything or anyone with information about the shooting to come forward and assist the police.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Hope she heals quickly. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a "yardie" who orchestrate this act.
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Some of the St. Lucian them ruff base on what mi good brethren told me.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

is mi good good good sistren, she was about to take her daughter to school and the little girl was already in the car.

she is out and in good spirits. she is jamaican, but if memory serves me right not jamaican born.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Thank God the low-life SCUMS did not harm her daughter. Hail her up on behalf of the forumites!
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

the report here said she was shot 6 times all over the body, with a bullet fracturing her thigh.

i hope she recovers fully and that they catch the crook!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

That is True

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Some of the St. Lucian them ruff base on what mi good brethren told me.
              True, Assasin.

Granted, St Lucia has a rising violent crime rate, fueled (not surprisingly) by that modern-day Caribbean plague, drug wars. In fact, the outstanding (my opinion) leader Kenny Anthony and his St Lucia Labour Party lost the 2006 general election to the dinosaur John Compton in a surprising upset primarily on the matter of this increasing crime rate.

Nevertheless, as far as homicide is concerned, St Lucia in 2010 still lags a long way behind fellow CARICOM states like Jamaica, Trinidad, Guyana and the Bahamas. It is definitely not “up there” with what I regard as the most outstanding CARICOM country, Barbados, but it definitely is not as worrisome as the four countries I mentioned above.

Comment

7 times, all in the lower extremities. yes there was a fracture.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

let us know we are all wishing her the best! and that she should come on the forum and let us know how she is getting on.

just thinking...all in the lower extremities?!? midget gunman? shouldn't be too hard to find him!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wish her a speedy recovery and safety from her enemies!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                      is mi good good good sistren, she was about to take her daughter to school and the little girl was already in the car.

she is out and in good spirits. she is jamaican, but if memory serves me right not jamaican born.

Gamma - you were right on, her parents are Jamaicans from Kensington, Portland (East). She however; was born in England.

My cousin knows here family well, and was telling me about it.
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        7 times, all in the lower extremities. yes there was a fracture.
                        7 times?

...shall I make the great revelation?
                        OK! It appears someone does not like her!

Get well, Ms. ...and be safe!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

just thinking...all in the lower extremities?!? midget gunman? shouldn't be too hard to find him!
                          LoL! yuh cyan tek serious ting mek joke eeh
                          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

don't mi seh is mi good good good fren?

Comment

she is BLESSED !!

and here I am all set for the jazz festival next month and thinking St. Lucia cool !!
                              Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Working...
                              X