RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Dudus paying Manatt, Phelps & Phillips?? Hmmmm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Dudus paying Manatt, Phelps & Phillips?? Hmmmm....

Opposition raises more questions about Manatt issue
    Tuesday, 06 April 2010

Former National Security Minister Dr. Peter Phillips is turning up the heat on the government to come clean to the people of Jamaica about the Manatt, Phelps and Phillips issue in which the US law firm was hired to represent Jamaica in trade and extradition issues.

The People's National Party's lead spokesman on the issue, Dr. Phillips has raised questions as to who was really being represented by the law firm with news surfacing that Manatt, Phelps and Phillips was hired to lobby the U.S government to ease the pressure on Jamaica to hand over Tivoli strongman Christopher "Dudus" Coke.

Dr. Phillips is insisting the government needs to come clean to the people of Jamaica on the matter, claiming he has some information but is awaiting incontrovertible evidence before going public with it.

"But we still believe that the government of Jamaica needs to be clear and honest too with the country and with all the people of Jamaica who are paying for the missteps of the Government of Jamaica," he said.

Dr. Phillips says he has heard of three Cabinet
    ministers who were engaged in the discussions where Manatt, Phelps and Phillips was hired to carry out the lobby.

Questions have been raised about whether it is the same three ministers reported to be under probe by the New York
    Grand Jury for blocking information on the "Dudus" matter.

The role of the Solicitor General

Douglas Leys, Solicitor General.
    That apart, Dr. Phillips continues to raise questions over the Solicitor General's participation in the hiring of Manatt, Phelps and Phillips.

"It is very unusual, most unusual for a Solicitor General to invite persons who have no particular contractual arrangement as he is claiming into a private meeting on a sensitive matter with another government. That is unheard of, it is unprecedented as far as I know," Dr. Phillips said.

As for the Prime Minister, Mr. Golding has declared that the government never hired the firm.

But Manatt, Phelps and Phillips insists in filings with the U.S. Department of Justice that it was hired by the government of Jamaica and has already received US$50,000 out of an agreed-on US$100,000 per quarter fee.

The Prime Minister has said it was not the government who paid.

"If the government of Jamaica did not pay, who paid? Who was the real client of Mr. Brady, who was the real client of Manatt, Phelps and Phillips? Who was actually paying for this lobbying effort in which the Government of Jamaica collaborated," Dr. Phillips said.

He reiterates that he has his suspicions, but remained mum on the details, choosing to hold off on saying more until the information becomes clearer.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Yuh nuh, can we really blame Brucie for seeking some legal advice? Come on no, if it weren't for her connected last name, the attorney general would be serving fancy drinks with mini umbrellas on the north coast!

(borrowed line, I admit.)

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It was so simple. I told unnu long time.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Yuh nuh, can we really blame Brucie for seeking some legal advice? Come on no, if it weren't for her connected last name, the attorney general would be serving fancy drinks with mini umbrellas on the north coast!

(borrowed line, I admit.)
        I personally would prefer to see her sipping a latte in her bermudas on Ocean Blvd.....no umbrellas required... but that's just me.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          It was so simple. I told unnu long time.
          you stated that Dudus paid the law firm? neva si dat...sen di link

while I have suspected it and even hinted at it in past posts.... it's clear that this is a plausible scenario

if that can be proved...that would be one of the biggest scandals in post-independence Jamaica.

Comment

apparently, you need hourly viewings of the hardtalk interview. try and see if it's on youtube.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              apparently, you need hourly viewings of the hardtalk interview. try and see if it's on youtube.
              lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                you stated that Dudus paid the law firm? neva si dat...sen di link

while I have suspected it and even hinted at it in past posts.... it's clear that this is a plausible scenario

if that can be proved...that would be one of the biggest scandals in post-independence Jamaica.
                You no get it. As long as we get the Chinese money everything Criss. That is the strategy (tragedy). The jamaican populace are being taken for a Bag-A-Wire collective sell out for anything therefore anything can be justified. Who knows they maybe right,

Comment

what did you tell us assasin...
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Wow, too gone to save ourselves, I heard up to the JLP exe is under investigation by the feds, including Bruce.

If it is true Dudus is paying this firm , then they all should be extradicted for obstruction of justice.

They will be , chuss mi , if true.A nice way for Eddie fi come back , its a grandmaster move..right Ben aka Maudib?
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

this a get more interesting by the minute... mi seh, if this wasn't suh bad, mi wudda laff... could anyone really believe that this government with their promises before the election, really turn the country over to a criminal... this is akin to treason... the jlp is not fit for governing the people...

Comment

Biggest 'Storm in a Teacup' scandals ?

But ah who muss pay fah di lobbying, di taxpayah ?

lol !

Comment

Mi cyaan spend tuh much time pon dis.. mi a bone up pon mi Mandarin !

Comment

there needs to be a no confidence proposition put forth in parliament... this govenment is taking us as a nation, down the wrong path... it doesn't look good... surely, not every jlp mp is on board with the moves of the prime minister...

peter phillips should form his own party... take some good people with him... from what i am hearing peter phillips has the support of the usa and europe... portia remains an obstacle...

Comment

They tell me we dont have a constitutional problem , and it isnt a part of the solution?

A stronger constitution would see him tried for treason , how in the world a Drug Don can hire a forgein law firm in the governments name ?Under whose consent?

Again I ask where are our constitutional academics or advocates?

It is the Supreme law of the land.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                              X