No announcement yet.

Dr Wright's telling remark: Athletes are our future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BS mike. News to who? Check the ratings of CNBC and Fox Financial Channel.

Check the ratings for the masters this weekend.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
      A similar value system but not the same. In America they love their sports. But (until recently anyway) the Wall Street culture was lionized. Notice how the Dow Jones Index and other stock market indicies would (and still) makes headline news even though technically they are reflective of the top companies from 10-20 years ago and the great majority of Americans do not own stocks in any of the companies? Why should that be? Well I would guess it is because they view it as an indicator of the economy. When was the last time the JSE index made the front page?
      Some don't get it even when something bytch slaps them in the face. They can't see the wood but for the trees...

What's America's literacy rate...and what's Jamaica's?? How many patents of real market value do Jamaicans hold?

Apples vs Oranges
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        BS mike. News to who? Check the ratings of CNBC and Fox Financial Channel.

Check the ratings for the masters this weekend.

Wait, Assassin, you really telling me that you've never seen the Dow make headlines on both TV and American print news media other than CNBC and Fox Financial?

And as I've been saying, it isn't that Americans rate financial news MORE than sports, but that they rate it MORE than Jamaicans. The ratings for Fox Financial Channel and CNBC may be low, but the fact that they have ratings at all (and that they exist at all) shows how much more America in general values finances compared to Jamaica (not compared to sports).

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          Mike, this whole matter of athletes being exhausted from a too close schedule with Champs and Carifta has been discussed at some length in the past. In fact, I’m surprised that Karl didn’t comment in a bit more detail, as this topic has, in years past, been discussed on the Caribbean Track and Field Forum.

I can recall, for example, that year in the not too distant past when our athletes returned home with a surprisingly low (low, that is, for Jamaica) 55 medals, this was the main reason advanced. (I can’t recall if it was the 2005 Carifta Games in Trinidad & Tobago.)
          btw - Historian, I hope you return to the Caribbean T&F site.
          I will not say more than, 'You are needed'!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X