Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    "Yoiu still think this is idle gossip by people who are anti JLP.?"

Thats your quote. No need to twist yuhself anymore. There is nothing wrong with being anti-JLP, thats your choice. At least now you're out of the closet.

Last I heard Jamaica was PNP country, suh yuh second paragraph nuh necessary. Nuh bother fret over the opps moment.
    Poor Lazie. At least Ben is funny. I don't think he believes half the stuff he writes. The scary thing is you seem to actually think that your pathetic attempt at deflection will actually work. I repeat, what is your opinion on the latest revelations?. Take it for granted that I am anti-JLP and answer the question. Is the Observer anti jlp too? For some reason the list seems to be growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
      Poor Lazie. At least Ben is funny. I don't think he believes half the stuff he writes. The scary thing is you seem to actually think that your pathetic attempt at deflection will actually work. I repeat, what is your opinion on the latest revelations?. Take it for granted that I am anti-JLP and answer the question. Is the Observer anti jlp too? For some reason the list seems to be growing.
      The Observer didn't declare themselves as you did. I've given my opinion on the issue 100 times, it hasn't changed. However, unlike you, I don't ignore the facts when it doesn't agree with my view.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
        These guys never cease to amaze. When dem did say 'new and different' who knew. Care to expound on the Vaz issue. If me do it dem a go say mi anti-jlp like Obama.
        The new Vaz crib.

In the same edition of the Sunday Herald (March 28-April 3) there is a picture of a pretty nice house with the following caption:

"The Hamiltons have been given until end of April to quit the mansion they built, after the Jamaica Redevelopment Foundation sold it to Annmarie Vaz, wife of State Minister for Information in the Office of the Prime Minister despite several offers by the Hamiltons to retain the property. Mrs. Vaz's attorneys brought an action in the court on Thursday seeking immediate possession of the property. Lawyers representing the Hamiltons argued for the court to give more time, but the court ruled that they should give up possession April month end."

and the full story can be found here:

http://www.sunheraldja.com/2010/03/foul-sale/

The comments at the end are interesting. One fella attempts to put the whole thing into context by noting that the documents are public and the Hamiltons supposedly last made a mortgage payment in 2006, but then goes on to ask "do you get to remain in your home and living their if you haven’t made a mortgage payment for over 4 years?" What he seems to have neglected though is that the Hamiltons had been attempting to settle the issue since April 2007 when the house was put on auction (I also don't understand why or how someone could pay mortgage on a house that has been put up for auction since technically it isn't yours anymore). The poster also noted that the Hamiltons had a settlement agreement with the JRF in 2003 but defaulted on that. That bit of info seems far more relevant that the mortgage payment since the Hamiltons weren't as far behind on mortgage payments as the poster seems to imply, however it is curious that the Hamiltons would have had to default on a settlement in 2003 but could still make mortgage payments in 2006. That doesn't really add up.

Between a son on a potential ganja rap (with the same lawyer/government senator as Dudus no less) and a wife who got a property via Finsac for about J$10 million less than the property value, Vaz have too much unusual things happening around him.

Comment

You comrades just can't help unnuhselves...

Di country mash up ??

lol !

Mi keep hearing oddah news to di contrary.. dem mussi a labourite..

Di PNP need fi tek wheh demselves for bout 20 years.. give di country a break.. unnuh can come wid di Nightmare (dats all unnuh good fah)

True dem nun know seh Bruce a Freddie Krugah !

lol !

Comment

The 3 govt ministers did it without approval !!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
            and no let up in sight. I wonder if the Law firm knows they are messing with matters of natiional security?

Read on:

THREE unnamed senior government ministers are now under the microscope of the Grand Jury of the Southern District Court of New York which indicted Christopher 'Dudus' Coke last August on alleged gun and drug trafficking charges.
            Well-informed Observer sources said the Americans are contending that the Jamaican Government officials had conspired to prevent information from reaching the Grand Jury in the Coke case — the latest in the fallout from the Manatt Phelps and Phillips law firm controversy.

Investigators probing breaches of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) involving the Government of Jamaica, and the US law firm are piecing together evidence they say will expose the alleged link between the government officials, Manatt Phelps and Phillips, and Coke, the Tivoli Gardens strongman.
            The Observer sources said the investigators were focusing on two areas: conspiracy to prevent information reaching the Grand Jury, and conspiracy to violate the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
            The investigators believe that the firm's service was retained by officials connected to the Government, to lobby Washington not to pressure Jamaica to extradite Coke. In that regard, several influential Americans connected to the US administration were contacted by the law firm, including the administration's nominee as Ambassador to Niger.
            "A file from the probe was sent to the Grand Jury, in which the finger was pointed directly at the law firm and the Jamaican Government and the continued delay in the extradition warrant being discharged," the source said.
            Opposition spokesman, Dr Peter Phillips who first raised the Manatt, Phelps and Phillips issue in the Parliament, said Good Friday that the matter was still wide open, as information filed by the company to United States officials up to Holy Thursday and that provided by government officials here was at variance.
            "No, it's not over. It can't be over when the disparity between the two positions, that of the Government, and that of the firm, leaves too many unanswered questions..." Phillips told the Observer.
            The Government said it had no dealings with Manatt, Phelps and Phillips, while the firm is maintaining that it had represented the Government and was paid US$50,000 on its US$100,000 invoice.

The driver's vehicle has ESP - electionic stability programme, at worst, we will have 3 by elections, one at a time.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

A Minister can be a senator too.

Comment

Working...
              X