Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman...BLINK:

Finished reading BLINK a few days ago.

It is like Gladwells' other books--an indepth comprehensive literature review. He skillfully ties the information together and presents a practical applicable outcome (or solution).

It's about split-second decision making. That certain decisions do not require deep analytical (time-consuming) thoughts. He describes this quick decision making as thin-slicing................

Good book!
    Last edited by HL; March 19, 2010, 03:55 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Thanks HL. I plan to get to it at some point. I do like his books, he does a lot of research and presents his ideas in ways that are interesting and useful.

I have been reading a lot less these days that I used too. I just recieved my copy of The Black Jacobins but I have not really started it yet.

I did read the opening paragraph though:

"Christopher Columbus landed first in the New World at San Salvador, and after praising God enquired urgently for gold"

LOL!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Turn out I have 2 copies of this book BLINK.

...was traveling and found out i left the copy I was reading at home. Stopped by a Barnes and Noble at the airport and picked up another to read during transit.

If you wish, i can sent you the new copy.

E-mail me your address at: store2979@theupsstore.com

HL

Comment

Will do. Respect HL
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

HL, I received the book on time and in good condition. Excellent service by the UPS Store!

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            HL, I received the book on time and in good condition. Excellent service by the UPS Store!

Thanks again.
            Well if the UPS Store never deliver on time - I'd have to ask what is HL doing with the browns
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Comm'on guys...you know how bashful I can get-- you're gonna make me...

Cool runnings Island Roots!

HL

Comment

Working...
              X