RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jimmy Cliff...Rock & Roll Hall of 'famer'...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Cliff...Rock & Roll Hall of 'famer'...

Genesis, Jimmy Cliff inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at Waldorf-Astoria in NYC (photos)

March 16, 2010 04:41 AM EDT

Last night, the venerable Waldorf-Astoria was the scene of an induction ceremony to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame full of iconic musicians doing what they do best -- singing..

The Manhattan landmark hotel hosted the evening that heralded into the Cleveland, Ohio Museum Jimmy Cliff, ABBA, The Hollies, Genesis, and Iggy Pop.

FOR PHOTOS OF LAST NIGHT'S ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY CLICK HERE
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

well deserved ... overdue even. jimmy cliff is a fantastic songwriter. never had the pleasure of seeing him in concert....btw saw steel pulse satday night...david hinds kicking said way...the new drummer...IMPRESSIVE...it takes a lot to fill grizzly's shoes but...job well done!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Saw Jimmy a few times but the last one I saw almost bored me to death! Man must know when fi pack up and leave di stage!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Great performance last night

Jimmy brought the house down at the Rock and Roll event last night. Very inspiring performance.

Comment

...maybe he did not haul- an'-pullup enough fi yuh Mosiah...

Quite shocked you would be in to Jimmy Cliff!!!!

HL

Comment

Look like him nuh know bout good music

Originally posted by HL View Post
            ...maybe he did not haul- an'-pullup enough fi yuh Mosiah...

Quite shocked you would be in to Jimmy Cliff!!!!
            Agree with you here HL.

Comment

Just last week end I was listening to his CD called Special...it's a classic!!! (Possibly my favorite of his collection....)

Special
              var imageViewerTagDiv = '

HL

Comment

his song "take a look at yourself" from the another cycle album is my absolute favourite song!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

congrats to jimmy cliff on this milestone achievement. a long time coming. A true pioneer in music and entertainment.
                  'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

mosiah, perhaps you caught him on an off nite... dem man deh duh suh much touring dat many factors can influence their performance on any given night... artists like jimmy cliff deserve a pass from time to time, moreso than some of these new jacks...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

di whole a unnu can gwaan chat. i was not the only one who had a magnum bokkle ready to let him know enuff was enuff!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                      X