PM: Parents, shape up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM: Parents, shape up!

JAMAICANS SHIRKING responsibility for their children are being warned to shape up or suffer dire consequences when the parent commission comes onstream. Prime Minister Bruce Golding, while speaking in Parliament this week, said the State would no longer allow bad parents to get away while children became disadvantaged because of their poor discharge

of parenting functions.

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/glean...ead/lead2.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Good luck ... 2 twos we hear yuh a pressure poor people ...
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Just what are the "dire consequences" I'd like to know... mek me read de article y'ah..
      Peter R

Comment

Pure unadultarated fart if you ask me...now it's parents, yeseday it was Dancehall, soon it will be this forum next LOL.

He needs to turn his attention to a new constitution? Leggo Westminister.

Comment

"If you have them and you are not prepared to honour those obligations, then you are going to be punished. We are going to have to start making it clear that the discharge of parental responsibility for children is not an option," he added.- he being the PM.

So what is the punishment Mr PM? Are we going to lock-up the parents? garnishee their wages? i.e. if they are gainfully employed...

but seriously it would really mean removing the children from the family and making them a ward of the state....so do we have the infrastructure AND finances in place to carry that out? ideally it would be the right thing to do.
          Peter R

Comment

that freaking idiot! he has a nerve to talk about behaviour! you'd wonder who the hell raised his boorish ass!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              that freaking idiot! he has a nerve to talk about behaviour! you'd wonder who the hell raised his boorish ass!
              Are you disagreeing with what the PM has to say about parents stepping up or you just being your usual bitter self?

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                Pure unadultarated fart if you ask me...now it's parents, yeseday it was Dancehall, soon it will be this forum next LOL.

He needs to turn his attention to a new constitution? Leggo Westminister.
                So its okay for parents to just bring kids into this world then don't give a damn about them causing them to be a menace to society?

Comment

all mi waan know is wheh Bruce duh him dah day.. ah wondah if Bruce run ovah im toe wid di Volvo ?

lol !! Whoeee !!

Comment

YES YES YES, satisfied?

You worship politicians, I don't.

You and the politicians are always looking for a fall guy, JLP is never wrong for you.

Comment

a few of us on the forum has talked about this for a while. I doubt the legislation will address this correctly. Fathers need to be on birthcertificate but it has to be the real father determined through tests.

Too many kids are growing with granny and neigbours. we need the involvement of more parents and I hope they go after some of the wutless parents abroad who nah contribute to their children's development.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by TDowl View Post
                        YES YES YES, satisfied?

You worship politicians, I don't.

You and the politicians are always looking for a fall guy, JLP is never wrong for you.
                        The new cop out is the worship argument. When yuh ready fi get serious mek mi know.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          a few of us on the forum has talked about this for a while. I doubt the legislation will address this correctly. Fathers need to be on birthcertificate but it has to be the real father determined through tests.

Too many kids are growing with granny and neigbours. we need the involvement of more parents and I hope they go after some of the wutless parents abroad who nah contribute to their children's development.
                          Thank yuh! All of a sudden the hypocrite dem nuh memba.

Comment

Serious?

The day you become critical of any person who votes JLP, let mi know.

Stick to Comedy Hour.

Comment

Sass, did you know that the absence of Fathers name on Birth certificate, was delibaretly done if the father and mother were not married?

Lots of people abroad who have Jamaican passports are now scrambling to comply.

Comment

Working...
                              X