Mothers and Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers and Christmas

I just saw a Face Book post from a schoolmate of mine who is going through a difficult time as this is his first Christmas without his mother.

Over the past few years more and more of my friends and colleagues have been losing their parents and I guess it all comes with the passage of time and i guess those of us who still have their mothers and fathers alive must be thankful.

I have been trying to get out of here since yesterday to find my way to Boston to spend some days with my mother but the weather has so far conspired against me.

Yesterday they closed the airport in Philly due to the bad weather so the flight was pushed back to 4 45am this morning but my ride did not show up to take me so I am trying to get the one today that leaves at 6 50 and wont get to Philly till maybe 11pm then have to find my own way home as my sister in law says she not driving in any snow for any body.

Whenever I get to Philly Wednesday morning i have reservations on AmTrack to Boston (six hours each way).. but guess what...it does not matter, I am getting to see my mother.

Given the rate of deaths for people in their 30-50s from stress or cancer or what ever I wont even presume I will outlive my 70-odd year old mother but as often as I can get to spend time with her, I MUST make the effort, no matter the cost or the cold.

Those of you who still have mothers and fathers or those who assumed that place in our lives must make the effort to make them feel special no matter how much we may disagree with them or how much they annoy and irk us.

They are worth it and there may come a day when just like my friend despite the fact he has his own family, he thinks this is the worst Christmas because it is the first time he does not have his mother.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

The higher powers that be, will make sure you get to spend time with your mom.

I know the feeling, as every year I trek to Atlanta for Christmas just to spend it with my mom, kids and siblings. It's less costly for me to go, than for them to travel to NY.

Hang in there - you'll get to Boston, safely.

Airports have re-opened in Philly.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

I wish mine was around to spend it with.

Those are the good times you will remember that will keep you going/

enjoy it.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        I just saw a Face Book post from a schoolmate of mine who is going through a difficult time as this is his first Christmas without his mother.

Over the past few years more and more of my friends and colleagues have been losing their parents and I guess it all comes with the passage of time and i guess those of us who still have their mothers and fathers alive must be thankful.

I have been trying to get out of here since yesterday to find my way to Boston to spend some days with my mother but the weather has so far conspired against me.

Yesterday they closed the airport in Philly due to the bad weather so the flight was pushed back to 4 45am this morning but my ride did not show up to take me so I am trying to get the one today that leaves at 6 50 and wont get to Philly till maybe 11pm then have to find my own way home as my sister in law says she not driving in any snow for any body.

Whenever I get to Philly Wednesday morning i have reservations on AmTrack to Boston (six hours each way).. but guess what...it does not matter, I am getting to see my mother.

Given the rate of deaths for people in their 30-50s from stress or cancer or what ever I wont even presume I will outlive my 70-odd year old mother but as often as I can get to spend time with her, I MUST make the effort, no matter the cost or the cold.

Those of you who still have mothers and fathers or those who assumed that place in our lives must make the effort to make them feel special no matter how much we may disagree with them or how much they annoy and irk us.

They are worth it and there may come a day when just like my friend despite the fact he has his own family, he thinks this is the worst Christmas because it is the first time he does not have his mother.
        Good wishes to you & your Mom.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Snow has trapped many people at home in Philly now.

I hope relief is on the way.

Comment

Working...
          X