Seriously we need to leave Maudib's professed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously we need to leave Maudib's professed

sexual lifestyle out of our debates....and Maudib needs to stop promoting same on this site.

I am tried of the nonsense.
    This site is not about attacking gays or defending them or promoting that lifestyle.

It does each of individually, no good. ...and collectively, no good.
    It goes nothing to enhance the site.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

I agree, and I was thinking about the same ting too, and it will begin to turn people off from the site. Yuh need to start deleting messages with those themes.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Thank You, Karl

Originally posted by Karl View Post
      sexual lifestyle out of our debates....and Maudib needs to stop promoting same on this site.

This site is not about attacking gays or defending them or promoting that lifestyle.

I fully agree with you, Karl. Personally speaking, I have NEVER (and will never) commented or responded to such low-level diatribe. I have seen similar tiresome debates and exchanges on other message boards as well, and for me it’s difficult to grasp how/why educated men, who are fully confident in their heterosexuality, would even waste a minute responding to homosexual statements and innuendos.

For me, I have absolutely no interest in or respect for homosexuals or any aspect of their lifestyles, and as long as they do not pose an immediate threat to me, they are free to live however they choose to. In the final analysis, it’s what democracy is all about.

Comment

there is also some other very negitive words spewing around too;
        get rid of them.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

This subject does tend to get too personal...but the propagator(s) of a homosexual worldview should recognize that this issue is a flashpoint for Jamaicans and often triggers acrimony....consequently it's a subject that should be handled with due care by said propagator(s).

Debate on sexuality is a completely valid subject especially considering that the propagation of deviant sexual practices is part of the moral degeneracy underwriting Jamaica's decline....just as themes inimical to Jamaica's traditional folk culture are excessively promoted on cable TV or via our artistes.

Unless Jamaica recaputures what's good and progressive about itself, ...past & present....rejecting inappropriate foreign notions of "progress" ....we are bound to continue down the path to nowhere.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

AMEN. Was really becoming tiresome - like a broken record.

Start the deletion!
            “Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

mi nuh think most people have a problem with the debate but when it end up under every subject line, it just get tiresome.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                mi nuh think most people have a problem with the debate but when it end up under every subject line, it just get tiresome.
                ok boss...guilty as charged. I will mend my errant ways,.

...let me restate that... as the Yanks say...I will give it the good old college try.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

a nuh nothing, we all guilty of "egging" it on more time .

Only that over time it may not be great for people stereotyping the forum.

Comment

Ah ah ah, I always knew that sooner or later, ones cup was going to overflow with the going nowhere arguments.

Comment

My professed lifestyle ??

ah wheh di ?

What is my lifestyle Karl ?

What is your lifestyle by the way ?

lol !

Comment

I suggest y'all raise the level.

The issue is not about lifestyle or about anybody on the forum sexual orientation.

It is a lesson in Intolerance and the human condition.

Until we defeat our base tendencies to react with intolerance or irrationality to anything we do not understand or is deemed 'foreign', humanity cannot progress and as a famous man said.. there will be War..

I am quite sure there are White people for example that are uncomfortable discussing 'racism' and cannot understand the constant debate..

Understanding human sexuality is one of the final frontiers and cannot be met with ignorance or phobia.. well should not in any case...

Comment

I agree that their "alternative" lifestyle & sexuality should not be thrown into every thread we discuss. However, since some people here have the propensity to open such debates - then maybe - we could think about opening a forum for such debates. Afterall, "they" too have "their" story.
                          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

I agree... Karl, I think the debate is one Jamaicans need to have. I don't see why we cannot have the debate as long as the personal attacks are minimised and eliminated.
                            Peter R

Comment

Karl,
                              I don't ever remember Ben professing anything about his sexual lifestyle. Not that it matters. We know his stance on homosexuality which I agree with (his stance that is), it doesn't mean you have to be gay... I mean, and unuh don't tell mi seh is not a right analogy, many white folks fought alongside blacks for human rights.
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X