My final post on the Garrison topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My final post on the Garrison topic

People have taken me on and try to prove me to be political, disrespectful and out of my mind amongst others but are they really thinking about the garrison and why it still remain.

We have 60 members of parliament and at no time in our history one has even created one policy to try and fight garrison. We have no organization to stop the phenom. Yes we have organizations that are doing a good job of fighting the poverty and uplift the peoples live but the underlining fact is the garrison remains in fact and with format.

Can anyone show me the center piece of wining party campaign that deals with putting an end to garrison? Where did the idea come from where for example Bottom Bay in Annotto Bay tried to attach themselves to a part and run others out, and the same for Top Bay. Where did the idea that a don can stay on a street corner and collect while loading taxi (even though the taxis could form a line and load themselves). The paying of protection money by middle class and upper class businessmen. I could go on. I am yet to hear a dancehall artist stand up on stage and hail up Dr.Gomes, Henley Morgan or people fighting for rights poor Jamaicans in the ghetto but make them call some Don name and everybody of their free will have them hand in the air etc. Our music is laced with bigging up dons and garrison. You can say the gun tune are illusion but what about bigging up the dons?

Does this translate into supporting of Garrison? We may not like it but the same way the mafia is popular in the states, and in Italy it is the same with the garrisons in Jamaica in my view. Where are the organizations and individuals who have great belief that we really need to end garrison? Whenever Adams invades or some thing bad happen the most we ever had is a study and NONE of the recommendations are made into policies. They remain on the shelf. If there is support for ending the garrison let me see it.

This is my final post on this. People can hate what I say, it is no disrespect to the people living there, and support comes in many forms and the idea of capturing land and having a certain amount of party people living there is live and well.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    People have taken me on and try to prove me to be political, disrespectful and out of my mind amongst others but are they really thinking about the garrison and why it still remain.

We have 60 members of parliament and at no time in our history one has even created one policy to try and fight garrison. We have no organization to stop the phenom. Yes we have organizations that are doing a good job of fighting the poverty and uplift the peoples live but the underlining fact is the garrison remains in fact and with format.

Can anyone show me the center piece of wining party campaign that deals with putting an end to garrison? Where did the idea come from where for example Bottom Bay in Annotto Bay tried to attach themselves to a part and run others out, and the same for Top Bay. Where did the idea that a don can stay on a street corner and collect while loading taxi (even though the taxis could form a line and load themselves). The paying of protection money by middle class and upper class businessmen. I could go on. I am yet to hear a dancehall artist stand up on stage and hail up Dr.Gomes, Henley Morgan or people fighting for rights poor Jamaicans in the ghetto but make them call some Don name and everybody of their free will have them hand in the air etc. Our music is laced with bigging up dons and garrison. You can say the gun tune are illusion but what about bigging up the dons?

Does this translate into supporting of Garrison? We may not like it but the same way the mafia is popular in the states, and in Italy it is the same with the garrisons in Jamaica in my view. Where are the organizations and individuals who have great belief that we really need to end garrison? Whenever Adams invades or some thing bad happen the most we ever had is a study and NONE of the recommendations are made into policies. They remain on the shelf. If there is support for ending the garrison let me see it.

This is my final post on this. People can hate what I say, it is no disrespect to the people living there, and support comes in many forms and the idea of capturing land and having a certain amount of party people living there is live and well.

I am willing to bet that this is NOT your final post on the matter. Let's see. LOL!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

it's a pity your final post on the subject wsn't just a straight up apology. instead yuh come with the same crap.

mafia is popular in the states?!? well, at least is not just jamaica yuh insult.

maybe the question is, how do you define "support" and "popular"?

yuh ever notice how 2 years ago many of us would not have a problem contributing to a dudus thread, but these days wi walk far from it? does that mean we support him and all that he stands for now, or is it because we fear the consequences of speaking out these days?

when people jump and and down about their dons, why is that seen as popular support of them? what percentage of our people are doing that? indeed, what percentage of our people live in garrisons?

I could go on and on picking apart this sorry last post, but it is so ridiculous i feel like a bully. it astounds me that, apparently, you did not feel ridiculous making it.

i told you several posts ago - give it up and save whatever likkle face you have left.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the funny thing is it is no different from his first, even though he had tried wiggling his way out of his mis-speak over the last few days.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi cant comment cause mi nuh support garissons, thus making me "non-jamaican".

Comment

what face he has left...he is like the headless horseman
            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
            Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
            X