Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQkh0zaWD7A

is this considered dancehall?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

that is reggae...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

GOOD reggae!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

As i said good music is been produce. Anthony B is seen as a older artist and it would be classified as Reggae but young artist doing the same thing on the same riddim might be styled as Dancehall.

that is my opinion.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

actually i think that he has been called a "singjay"

Comment

He has consistently had good music. He has grown a lot as an artist. I did a little stuff with him a few years back so I maybe bias still.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sass. it wouldn't matter who voiced on the riddim, young or old... it is a reggae riddim... many artists are now voicing on reggae riddims because they have come to realize that it has a longer life and is more widely accepted...

Comment

suh wait, is di riddim detrmines whether it is dancehall or not?!

Comment

Baddaz how was this considered Dancehall a few years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlhN1c3gv_s

Comment

I agree with the group, it is indeed reggae. It is one of his better albums, and I have it in my collection.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I would say not all the time, but it is a factor.

Certain riddims are straight dancehall riddims, but for reggae riddims this is not necessarily true. For example when they recycled the Cherry-Oh-Baby riddim, well that clearly wasn't originally a dancehall riddim but a lot of dancehall tunes used that riddim.

Its not an exact science though. After all they share the same DNA.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

in my opinion, it is the riddim that determines whether it is dancehall... dancehall riddims generally have more beats per minute... in other words, it is faster paced than the traditional reggae...

Comment

In general I agree with you but I there is a clouded area and that is the problem.

Comment

that is a reggae tune done... however, reggae is still played in the 'dancehall' and is still been done by artist whom most would considered 'dancehall artist'...

one way i use to identify reggae is the rhythm guitar and the 'chingy, chingy' pattern...

Comment

yes I will go with that but many a the youngsters think a straight dancehall.

Comment

Working...
                              X