Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Bam Bam

when this IMF deal done.

Ehen Bruce Golding can't do nothing but act.

I can hear the bawling from now. If you think Latti firing a anything to go by wait and see.

People a ask fi leadership and change well we will see.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I would ask the IMF to delay awarding the loan to the island until we see real progress to reduce corruption, reform at the JCF and the extradition of Dudus.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

.jwts_tabbernav{display:none;}var jwts_slideSpeed=100; var jwts_timer=10;.jwts_tabber{display:none;}Closing the gap between earning & spending Monday, 23 November 2009 st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) }
      Prime Minister Bruce Golding.
      There are more signs that the economic recession battering Jamaica is eating away a large chunk of Government revenues.

Prime Minister Bruce Golding disclosed on Sunday that the Government was bracing to collect significantly less in tax revenues this fiscal year.

He noted that with scores of workers losing their jobs there were less persons in the tax net.

According to Mr. Golding, he will be telling Parliament soon about major changes which will be made to the Government's revenue programme to close the gap between what is earned and spent by the state.

"Some will see some relief but it will be necessary to spread the burden of tax more broadly and to shift more of the burden form paying as you earn to paying as you consume. That concept is already being rolled out. We will have to be clear in terms of the things that Government must provide without charge and the things that Government provides but the people must be prepared to pay in order for us to recover the cost," said Prime Minister Golding while addressing the governing Jamaica Labour Party's 66th Annual Conference at the National Arena on Sunday.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X