Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt the reason for IMF delay Source RJR

Debt burden responsible for the delay

He also believes thefailure of the Government to deal decisively with the country's $1.3 trilliondebt is the main reason for the delay in signing an agreement with the IMF.

Mr. Wan noted that theGovernment will have to show in clear terms that it has a [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]concrete[/COLOR][/COLOR] plan tomanage and reduce Jamaica'sdebt stock in order to prevent panic in the financial markets.

"I think we'renegotiating a medium term plan which much shows how (they're) going to reducethe fiscal deficit and reduce the debt burden. Because our debt burden isrelatively high, well over 100%, I think this could be part of the challengethe (Government) is facing coming up with a credible pathway to bring us out ofthis massive debt burden and in my view, this is what is causing some of thedelay in the IMF negotiations," Mr. Wan said.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.
Working...
X