Sass mek wi have a Sound Clash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sass mek wi have a Sound Clash...

....si my sound yah......whey yours deh???

This was from 17 months ago before the full effects of the crisis were apparent...so any investment would obviously be affected.

Social Contract... over to Islandman

Originally Posted by Islandman
    Don1, give me a better idea of what you would be looking for in this kind of social contract. A commitment to build/improve schools? new public housing? new social services in the depressed communities?

Something on the level of the Great Society that President Johnson laid out in the US in the 60s?

Recognizing that poor social relations are our biggest impediment to progress:

GOJ or some independent commission should develop a STRATEGIC plan to move the country forward in important sectors and associated tactical plans to give effect to it.. concentrating on education, dismantling garrisons one by one and immediately replacing/upgrading the social, economic and infrastructural elements in these communities with comprehensive but smart investment.... one can't just root out criminals from these places... we breed them like rabbits and a new set will take over... so something must replace them on an economic & social level. (that this does not happen with crime plans.. is a primary reason for their failure).

That plan must be presented to all important stakeholders in the country:

All political parties
    All unions
    civil society and non-governmental groups
    reps from depressed communities- urban and rural
    private sector

Lock them up in a room with an independent honest broker/elder statesman leading... with instructions not to come out before they have a consensus agreement on some form of that plan signed by all who will sign.

Importantly... televise the proceedings to discourage/expose posturing and stupidity.

Present that plan to the nation as our solemn roadmap to progress and have an independent executive agency with reps from those same sectors oversee putting it into action with proper accountability.

Dedicate/encumber by law (requiring bi-partisan approval to revoke/change.. is that possible?... maybe not )PetroCaribe funds for this effort over 10 years... say US$300m/year more to education, vocational and job training, community social development and slum/squatter upgrading.

After 10 years and US$3b wisely spent mainly on education/training and community development.. we will have a shot at a better society and sustained growth.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

I have to go out with the family right yah now but l will put some policies up. Let me think them through first.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You said:

I say, that is a symptom of a deeper problem.... disconnection from any spiritual basis. We are adrift in a sea of nothingness. We are spiritually degenerate.

To get to what you admirably aspire towards, we have to face that fact and purge our issues. Impossible to make pacts with dishonest brokers, and that describes most groupings in Jamaica at the moment. We need a spiritual washout, a redemptive sea-bath.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        You said:

I say, that is a symptom of a deeper problem.... disconnection from any spiritual basis. We are adrift in a sea of nothingness. We are spiritually degenerate.

To get to what you admirably aspire towards, we have to face that fact and purge our issues. Impossible to make pacts with dishonest brokers, and that describes most groupings in Jamaica at the moment. We need a spiritual washout, a redemptive sea-bath.
        You describe the problem one way...and I another.

The spiritual talk is real...however the spiritual has to be converted to practicality...otherwise it's a mirage and will remain so.

I disagree that finding consensus is impossible....it is this very lack of belief in our possibilities and our better selves that is a self fulfilling vote for failure.

The belief that we CANNOT.....That is the problem! Don't you see that?

If enuff people have the belief that we have it in us to succeed....it will happen.

Belief Kills...and Belief Cures. I am a believer in the Cure.

I am inspired by Rwanda...what they did to heal their nation in less than a decade... in a situation a thousand times worse that Jamaica's....no outside force....merely a return to their traditional ways.

Remarkable!

Jamaica can do the same...return to our better selves...leggo the tribalism, division an... the who betta dan who nonsense.

Dat ah kill wi.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

25% Hit to GDP in the 70's
          44% Hit to GDP in the 90's

It takes cash to care..

Why all the profundity ?

Comment

They had CROSIS, we have boiling frog.

You and I,imperfect as we are, are not the problems. I consider US honest brokers.

How do we practically make others, esp. ticians, honest brokers? That is the challenge.

Comment

Rahwanda have any PNP ?

Manley give us a right hook (25%), PJ give us a left hook (44%), throw in close proximity to the largest consumer market in the World, some nice Weed for sale and a nice likkle Port for transhipment of other things, and some Diaspora traffic and WALLAH..

Ain't no mystery or magic...

What is Zimbabwe inflation now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                They had CROSIS, we have boiling frog.

You and I,imperfect as we are, are not the problems. I consider US honest brokers.

How do we practically make others, esp. ticians, honest brokers? That is the challenge.
                Agreed re the need to make so called leaders and their sycophants aware of the solution.

Back to Rwanda...those 2 tribes had enmity going back many generations...culminating in the slaughter of 500K - 1M people.

Bad as wi is wi nuh reach deh suh.

If dem deh cyan come together...so can we.

It starts with the belief....and spreading it.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  I have to go out with the family right yah now but l will put some policies up. Let me think them through first.
                  Yes Minister lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Dr Who ...still awaiting your prescription

Comment

Working...
                    X