No announcement yet.

Shelly Thunder D Badess Feamle Dj Of All Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There you go again...yu think a only recording give artist rankin'?

Comment

Tek time wid the youngster. Him probably nuh know much bout the pre-studio days of dancehall music.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I still rate kuff as her wickedest tune. Shelly was also good on sound.. I think they call her the horsewoman because of that. She is good but kuff was her biggest hit in my view. if she still reads the forum she may disagree..

Comment

For me Lady Saw a the best female DJ. OJ she started out in the dancehall but the thing changed right in her days from dance to recording. She was discovered in the dance hall in St.Mary. After Saw come a close second to Mummy Nancy. Saw in my book is a better lyricist and performer although she can be raw but she also can give a good mature performance. Mumma Nancy have a wicked voice and her timing is just like her brother Briggy. Then come Lady G, then the pack get close with Lady G, Sister Charmaine, Shelly Thunder, Junie Ranks, Sister Junie, Sister Carol etc. I don't know if Tanya and Ifrica etc. is classed as dj but them inna the pack. Lady Ann a wasted talent.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes honestly I have not heard saw on sound thats my bias whereas I have heard shelly and lady G so my ratings.. I forgot about Sis Carol good lyricist and pioneer but her timing not as good as nancy dem. but nancy struglle lyrically... but good voice. bam bam and one two her big lyrics.. to me G under the tutelage of San tuff.

Comment

Part the problem with Lady G. is she took a long break from the business.

Nuff a the ladies them give it up but it was a ruff thing fi a woman a follow a sound all round and nuff a the time habour shark don't give them a chance display their skill. Nancy and Lady G. had a very recognised crew.

Now a days it easier because the ladies go directly to the studio.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

ok well mi think shelly thunder is the baddest

but thanks for bring sister charmaine
                this is a wicked track with peter metro...
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZCoOuo2yBM

and in terms of success is queen Patra
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJF-f8KKDs4

Comment

Working...
                X