Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I man juss come back fram yaad, so mi ah

gwaan try ketch up pon tings.

File a report nuh! Your views... a fresh perspective perhaps?

Comment

or just a perspective..either way...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

so when him deh a yard him cant keep up? what about laptops and newspapers?

After we nuh backward suh?
        Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
        Che Guevara.

Comment

nah sah...bogue village have some BLURDNEET high speed internet from FLOW...is first world my yute!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

wireless too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

... and fibre optics cable with over 200 channels if you buy the full expensive package but maybe these things are not available in the cave
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

So whe seh...he should switch to Gieco...even a caveman could understand?

Comment

what about a Centaur ?

Comment

not much to say. I think Ja has to rethink its politics, way of life, education and everything else that will advance the nation in the 21st century.

When I landend I went to get some food; I heard a woman calling out to her man"suck p bwoy yuh nuh hear mi say fi" man came out two fists and she was out on her back. They helped up the woman with a bloody mouth and she just walked away. Going down the street next day; a guy had a whole tray of daggers:" one bill, sekkle all disputes, even yuh mother in law " mi say boss mi inna di vilence ting. Mi turn to mi driva an say next time mi come ah "nine" dem ah go haf out ah sell mi, wid di ammo belt an all string ova di stall.

Lawlessness abound: If I go to the Wunion; "dem say oh dem man deh ah scamma dem nah botha yuh". So now J a has learnt to accept lawbreakers.
                    One thing I can say the scamming will hurt ALL services coming out of Ja in the near future. The tourist industry will feel it most (ex. Has anyone ever, ever thought of vactioning in Lagos? Ok) When you put up a website offering services and its Ja based, it will be the same result. I just can't understand how the collective in Ja can't see this.

Last but not least: I was livid when I saw the widenig og the Bogue road and the erection of new traffic lights in some points in Mobay. I said why does it have to take a change of govt. to do this? Can't they see that the city is growing and traffic lights would lower accidents and result in lower auto insurance costs? I was corrected by someone, who said that this policy was already drafted and they were just continuing what the previous govt. started, hence I withdrew my wrath on the PNP.

The rest is just beach and sun. No, I wasn't interested in having access to the net whilst in JA. I just wanted to bond with nature.

Guys, Ja is slowly getting close to Somalia and it's very frightening.

Comment

Did you agree with Bill Clarke's assesment a few years ago ?

Failed State I think he called it.. I don't rightly recall which side of the fence you were on..

lol !

Comment

Ben every single Jakan need to take blame for this: Look at germany; in 1945 the whole place was torn to pieces, they rebuild, the east looked like a third world country in 89, now? Boss what are we doing?
                        I know you will jump and say they (Germans) got aid from the US but so did we in 1980. What is our excuse as anation? Who bombed us? 900K squatters (translates to 900k semiliterates) Our colleges can't produce civil engineers to build us highways, we have nothing to produce in order to trade. We have only mastered the art of begging (which we call acquiring economic aid).

Ja has reached a turning point: It's time we seriously look at what's holding us back, what is keeping us from turning raw materials into finished goods. We may even have to look at religion. EVERYTHING needs to be examined.
                        Last edited by Jawge; November 10, 2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Even the PNP ?

Comment

So you seem to think the PNP aren't Jakans? Ben what is wrong with you? The tribal politics is not working Ja has nothing much to show pre and post Independence and that's a fact. Please don't tell me about growth in GNP. More than half of the population was illiterate, poverty,squatting, low income , no hope has and is still plaguing Ja.

The time has come for the nation to ask why and address the problem. If not; our next move will be piracy on the high seas. As we speak Ja (with its uneducated populace) is ripe for the picking by certain organizations (unfriendly to the Empire north of JA).

Comment

First off J, I agree with your sentiments and assessments.

However, you are a known PNP apologist here. The point is that your are JUST waking up to their many many faults? There are ather pro-PNP people here who long ago got it that the PNP deserves more than their fair share of blame for the sad state of affairs.

I dont think even BEN would want to apologise for the shortcomings of the JLP. That is plain for all to see...from Tivoli to their vacillating positions over the years. They have however, kept their eye on the economic ball better over the years and that may be their one redeeming characteristic.

Don1 and a few other have been essentially correct in the push for social unity as the way out. What is lacking is trust and the lack of stepping forward of an honest broker for the process.

What is clear is that we have to do something fast, if we are to save Jamaica Land we Love.

Comment

Working...
                              X