Its official, the BOJ gov was fired. For the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its official, the BOJ gov was fired. For the

uninformed who come here and misinform his followers ... inform yuhself.

http://www.jis.gov.jm/parliament/htm...OF__COMMIS.asp
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

What a life him was living. You think you can tell him nutten neither. If people did think man fresh when him cuss bout the living conditions fi the people being cared, dem nuh hear former Governor inna full flight.

Di Bracknell Bad Man.

Comment

Took them TWO WHOLE Years to find out how much he was making and they had to wait until this crictical juncture in the IMF negotiatiosn to let him go?

And you cant read between the lines and see whats missing Lazie... try to think outside the box some times...
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

Demand for payment was the subject of intense discussions by the Board of Directors at a meeting on Wednesday October 28th and led to the resignation of one of the Directors, Dr. Jeffrey Pyne, who contended that such payments ought not to be made without the prior approval of the Minister.

In a letter to the Minister dated Friday October 30th prior to his dismissal he stated in bold type "If the pacta sunt servanta principle which governs the sanctity of contracts is to have any meaning, the contract which I have signed with the Minister in accordance with statute should be observed". The letter goes on to say "If the contract is not to be observed then I would think that the law should take its course".

Comment

I have no doubt either that there were some policy differences and that happen all the time. Daddy Bush blame Greenspan for his lost at the poll because of his reaction to the recession is an example. The bank of Jamaica uping interest rate by 8 point in on go simply do nothing than cripple the economy. The IMF and the government want lower interest rate and Lattibudierre have no record of lower it or even talk about it. His main fiscal concern is inflation.

If Bruce had push him out two years ago you would here the same rumblings as Bruce can't win.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
            Took them TWO WHOLE Years to find out how much he was making and they had to wait until this crictical juncture in the IMF negotiatiosn to let him go?

And you cant read between the lines and see whats missing Lazie... try to think outside the box some times...
            Yes, its fair to question this gov't why it took this long. On the second part of yuh post .... Come on Sickko, inform yuhself nuh?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              If Bruce had push him out two years ago you would here the same rumblings as Bruce can't win.
              Nonsense, Sass! You don't see the difference dismissing him even 6 months ago and dismissing him when he is leading the IMF negotiations?!?

Zas Crise, Sass! Leave yuh political bias at the door even once!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Nonsense, Sass! You don't see the difference dismissing him even 6 months ago and dismissing him when he is leading the IMF negotiations?!?

Zas Crise, Sass! Leave yuh political bias at the door even once!!!
                Actually Sass is right. How many of you jokers would be claiming political victimization if he was fired early out? You for one would blame Shaw one way or the other if he was fired then. Strange, ppl telling Sass to leave political bias at the door when unuh walking thru the door with unuh motives clear.

Comment

I have said before that timing is my problem. I have also said Shaw and the IMF believe in lowering the interest rate and Latibuddiere don't and I have no doubt it played a role in the firing.

What it nonesense? 8 point raise in the interest rate cripple economy?
                  If you have 1 percent raise in the US there is a big panic so judge for yourself.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

stick to my question - would there be any difference if he were fired before he became the lead negotiator in the IMF talks? that is what i am asking.

oh, you said you had a problem with the timing. so you agree.

good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have said it more than 10 time on the forum.

I have also called for Lattibuddiere to leave long before the JLP took office.

If you want my gut feelings I will tell you.

IMF tell the GOJ to work for lower interest rate. Lattibuddiere was slow as he maybe concerned about the devaluation even though IMF backing the dollar. Shaw has consistenly called for lower interest rate and feel Lattibudierre is not responding how he wants(this has played out over the last 3 months). This is a common policy difference in instances.

I can only hope we get a better governor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post

If there is anyone who believes that he was fired because of the contract then I have a bridge to sell you.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Okay, Sass.

I have not been a fan of the governor myself. And it would seem that whoever gave him that contract must have got a cut out of it himself. Ridiculous!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I will not make those assumption. I have always said it is easy fi call people thief but that was not a very good contract.

Comment

Yuh see mi call nuhbody tief?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X