The Newsletter scores with Shopping Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Newsletter scores with Shopping Event

.....a good use of newsprint by the Newsletter in promoting this innovative (for Jamaica) concept. Fashion Night Out is an annual feature of New York and other US cities...nice stimulus package & branding opportunity for business.

Shoppers rave about Fashion's Night Out

Alicia Roache roachea@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, November 01, 2009

The euphoria was palpable on Thursday evening as persons from all over Kingston and across Jamaica descended in droves to get their bit of retail therapy.
    "It is cheaper than going to a psychiatrist", Tammy Faye Baker would say, and, of course, it is much more fun.
    Shoppers on shopping splurge in Collectibles last Thursday.
    Just ask former Miss Jamaica World Terri-Karelle Griffith who was spotted in Ammars on the Mall Plaza. The self-described 'shoe fanatic' was wide eyed with excitement as she recounted her accomplishment for the night.
    "I spent $25,000 already and I just started shopping", she said. Terri-Karelle had just finished tearing up Collectibles Shoes.
    Collectibles, known for its high-end, high-cost footwear had slashed its prices in half.
    The bargain was unheard of and the rabid fashion lovers snapped up every bit. It was hard to get in, and even harder to get out as bodies competed for space in the hallowed footwear halls of the mall.

"I think the Observer hit it on the head. I've never seen so many people out shopping unless it's Christmas," Terri Karelle said. "It feels so good to see you stimulating the economy in this way."
    Among her list of places to shop were Kerry Kaye, Brit Bran, Le-Ann and Alexxya, to name a few of course.

D'Adra Williams, station manger of ZIP 103 FM arrived on the mall about 7 pm with sister Corey. Parking was a hassle, she said, but that would be expected for an event the magnitude of an invasion.
    "I think it's a great concept," she raved. "It reminds me of Black Friday in the States. If I have any complaint it would be to get more time to plan for it so that I could shop more", she said.

The entire FNO, which is not affiliated with Vogue's Fashion's Night Out, was planned in fewer than three weeks.
    Yes, the country is still in the throes of a deep recession but FNO undoubtedly caused a spike in spending, at least from Williams. Her budget was the credit card limit.

Robert Moore was one of many men who also used the opportunity to replenish his closet. He was spotted inside Collectibles Clothing, arms laden with jeans and shirts. "I really think it's a good opportunity for persons to come out and shop, especially since the prices are really reduced," he said. His most prized item was a pair of Levi's jeans, which he got for just over $2,000. "I would definitely like to see it continue," he said of FNO, "Not just for clothing, but for jewellery, TVs and so on, and including more plazas."
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Working...
X