No announcement yet.

Rich land, poor nation! Food matters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thesis statement is this: If slavery enabled the industrial revolution, why didn't slavery kick it off 3000 BCE in Africa (seeing that they had practically the same amount of math and science. One could aslo extend the argument to the greeks, Romans and even China (who were equal to Rome back then).

Please note that Newton's third law was known; if you check the Egyptian mystery system and the occult you will find it there: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction).

One possible argument could be that the Egyptian high priest (equivalent of scientists) knew but shunned it because of the dire consequences. The same way the Incas or mayaans (have to recheck) shunned the wheel because they saw it as bringing chaos. There is no evidence to support the shun argument on the Egyptians part (or not that I know of) but what I know is that the Greeks knew of atomic energy in the theoretical sense (saying that there was enough power in a stone to destroy a whole area).
    Point is the industrial age did not start under the ancients and slavery was a mainstay at the time. So why?

Comment

Do you realise the two forms of slavery were completely different?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Here we go again: Mo a slave is a slave no matter how you cut it. You go to the market and buy a slave (property) now if you say The africans , romans greeks, eventually allow their slaves to go free by buying their freedom fine. You are still a slave; performing manual labour for your master.

Oh sorry let me stop. Please explain the differences in slavery. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shatta View Post
          Also How Europe Underdeveloped Africa by Walter Rodney

thats an area of history that I need to read more on as my knowledge is embarassingly low in that area. So mi ago sit back and take notes pon that as all mi really know is that I read a book where it said that the south american countries and west african kingdoms were on par with the european countries before the coming of the europeans and the draining of their wealth.

Like I said I need to read more on this subject so mek mi sit back and take notes
          One of my favourite books!!..mi dun read dat fram tird form.

Yes mi rate Rodney argument.....But life tells me...people can only do onto you that which you ALLOW them to.

Who to blame for underdevelopment? Babylon or ourself??
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

aah mi did ah go say dat to him because look at us in Ja: the times are changing; are we restructuring our education sytem to meet the times? NO! We are looking for a saviour in the form of China with hand outs. We seem steadfast in believing in farming (as if say China or India wanted food we could supply their population. Throw in Brasil too) We seem to look at menial jobs (in the service industry) to take us in the 21st century. The new economic powers won't trade with us, they will see us as beggars and annoyance.

I saw on the observer wher Wignall said Ja has 900k squatters; I pray to God that this is a lie. If true Ja is in serious trouble.

Comment

No, Jawge, I'm not a teacher. If you believe slavery in Egypt back in the days of the pharaohs was the same as slavery in the New World, then so be it.

Ciao!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Okaly so slaveryin Egypt was more benign? or was it for the new world. Please enlighten me; don't be shy, you are talking to the eternal learner here.

I can imagine oh let me go buy a slave; "oh I just bought you (with my hard erned momoney) but we are equal, take a room over there enjoy yourself, when you have time see if you can do some chores around the house" Ah so it go mo?

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  Here we go again: Mo a slave is a slave no matter how you cut it. You go to the market and buy a slave (property) now if you say The africans , romans greeks, eventually allow their slaves to go free by buying their freedom fine. You are still a slave; performing manual labour for your master.

Oh sorry let me stop. Please explain the differences in slavery. Thanks.
                  No Age of mankind can begin before the objective realities that cause it to come into being are established.

The fact that slavery existed for millenia without sparking industrialization does not mean that it was not ultimately one of the foundations of eventual movement to industrialization in Europe in the 19th century.

It just means that the other objective conditions (other than slavery) which enabled industrialization were not present until the 19th century.

It is well established that wealth from the slave trade and colonialization processes established by Europeans was the primary material basis that sparked the next stage of socioeconomic development...the so called Industrial Age.....just as that Industrial Age when exhausted in the 1970s...led to the so-called Info Age which you are so fond of.

It is no coincidence that Britain....which was predominant in the Business of Slavery....also became predominant in the Industrial Age....to be superceded by America post WW2 as the primary industrial superpower.

Then America sparked the new Info Age with the computer revolution....using wealth generated from industry.

Ah suh it set.

Cased closed.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                    No Age of mankind can begin before the objective realities that cause it to come into being are established.

The fact that slavery existed for millenia without sparking industrialization does not mean that it was not ultimately one of the foundations of eventual movement to industrialization in Europe in the 19th century.

It just means that the other objective conditions (other than slavery) which enabled industrialization were not present until the 19th century.

It is well established that wealth from the slave trade and colonialization processes established by Europeans was the primary material basis that sparked the next stage of socioeconomic development...the so called Industrial Age.....just as that Industrial Age when exhausted in the 1970s...led to the so-called Info Age which you are so fond of.

It is no coincidence that Britain....which was predominant in the Business of Slavery....also became predominant in the Industrial Age....to be superceded by America post WW2 as the primary industrial superpower.

Then America sparked the new Info Age with the computer revolution....using wealth generated from industry.

Ah suh it set.

Cased closed.
                    You seem to be backtracking: Now slavery is not the fundamental cause for the industrial age? Okay I will extend an olive branch and say slavery helped in the form of cheap labour to generate goods for Europe.

Now, can you explain what were those "objective conditions"? Thanks.

Comment

Why, exactly! Were you a slave?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                        But some on here, think that Air Jam. should be kept!
                        True!
                        ...like me!
                        ...just needs to be managed properly!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

true , but yuh know
                          is joke mi ah mek wid yuh still.
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

we have been trying for the last 30 years. at what point do you give up?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You seem to be backtracking: Now slavery is not the fundamental cause for the industrial age? Okay I will extend an olive branch and say slavery helped in the form of cheap labour to generate goods for Europe.

Now, can you explain what were those "objective conditions"? Thanks.
                              mi nuh need olive branch.

Just acknowledge that you were on the wrong track...but have now begun to see the light.

Comment

aah mi did ah go say dat to him because look at us in Ja: the times are changing; are we restructuring our education sytem to meet the times? NO! We are looking for a saviour in the form of China with hand outs. We seem steadfast in believing in farming (as if say China or India wanted food we could supply their population. Throw in Brasil too) We seem to look at menial jobs (in the service industry) to take us in the 21st century. The new economic powers won't trade with us, they will see us as beggars and annoyance.

I saw on the observer wher Wignall said Ja has 900k squatters; I pray to God that this is a lie. If true Ja is in serious trouble.
                                Yes!! Restructuring education is our #1 issue.

Education must be made more relevant to the times...more technology focused...computing, programming, engineering etc

If we don't reorient education in that direction we will have no chance.

In the next couple weeks all being well wi will put anedda likkle put fi address dat.

Di yutes dem need fi get inspired fi deal wid technology...strait!

Comment

Working...
                                X