Gamma an d other music lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamma an d other music lovers

Who sings the song "Harry Hippy'? I am not sure if that's really the name of the song but that's what I call it...
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Bobby Womack. Great singer. another classic was "accross 110th street" and " I'm through trying to prove my love to you".

Comment

if you think you are lonely now is his classic. Saw him in concert last year in buffalo along with Frankine Beverly and crew.. Wicked show.

Comment

Buffalo?!? Yuck!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Buffalo?!? Yuck!
          We all know it's your favorite place. So stop the yucking
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

yup bobby womack. it's about his brother they say...and it is called harry hippy

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
              if you think you are lonely now is his classic. Saw him in concert last year in buffalo along with Frankine Beverly and crew.. Wicked show.
              Yep how could I forget that one " if you think you're lonely now, wait until tonight girl". I think he had a daughter that also sings if memory serves me correctly.

Comment

Great songs from that era..where have all the great song writers gone?
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

the beat has gotten much faster in today's ready-made world of music. The youths dem today no know nothing bout renting a tile. The bwoy pickney dem nuh know nothing bout using words to charm a girl. I frequently point out these young R&B singers inadequecies to my 16 y o daughter everytime I hear some of these songs on the radio.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                  X