RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suh the police dem finally decide fi get busy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh the police dem finally decide fi get busy?

Police seize illegal guns, ammo in St James raids
    280 persons arrested for various offences

Wednesday, October 28, 2009
    MONTEGO BAY, St James - The St James police say they have arrested 280 persons and recovered more than 120 rounds of assorted ammunition, as well as 12 illegal guns over the past four weeks as they beef up joint police-military operations in a wide range of offensive weapons, including a sword, and more than 100 knives were also seized during the operations that were undertaken across the parish.
    According to Constabulary Communication Network liaison officer for St James, Corporal Peter Salkey, five persons have since been charged with wounding and shooting with intent, four for illegal possession of firearm and ammunition, two for murder, while five others are scheduled to face Identification parades for shooting, murder and robbery with aggravation.
    Constabulary Communication Network liaison officer for St James, Corporal Peter Salkey, displays one of the home-made guns seized by the police during a media briefing at the Freeport Police Station yesterday. (Photo: Mark Cummings)
    Ninety-three persons, he added, were charged with breaches of the dangerous drugs act.
    Since the start of the year, just over 190 persons have been murdered in St James. There has also been an increase in other serious crimes across the parish.
    Salkey told reporters yesterday that the operations will continue as they seek to curb the spiralling crime rate in the parish.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...set=5#comments
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

While people a read bout this inna the papers this morning, another raid should be on the way.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It appears that police all across the island have gotten off their asses and are doing something for a change. At major intersections in Kingston, cops have taken up position. This is good, and whoever is responsible for this show of force must be congratulated for it.

I am sure they have also taken up position in the many garrison ants nests around Kingston, St. Catherine, St. James, Clarendon, etc., because the majority of the murders is not happening around HWT Square.

And they still need to do more. They need to go in many areas and get the guns and make sure no more get into the island. Maybe HL can help in this regard since it is his country that sends them to Jamaica and Haiti.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

And mek sure that the weapons that are seized do not end up in the hands of the damn CROOKED cops
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

mi si helicopter out, on the weekend, mi still pessimistic though, network need fi mashup an dem know a who, where, what, an when

Comment

Ironic last week it was all over the news that Bruce a put pressure pon the commish.

If a that a work all I can say is more pressure pon the commish. Crime need fi come down one way or another.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yuh seeit! pressure him yes!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

that's the trouble. all this could really just be a facade. but let's not knock it. yet!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Pressure pon Bruce = Pressure pon Nelson= Pressure pon Comish.

That only is the only way to go. Keep it up, don't let this be a one week thing.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i'd be very surprised if it lasts any longer than that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

nah knock it still betta dan nutten

Comment

heheheh...seeitdeh...yuh figget 'bout dudus arready!!! LOL!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                          heheheh...seeitdeh...yuh figget 'bout dudus arready!!! LOL!!
                          some would say mission accomplished.But you didn't hear it from me.

Comment

How much major crime takes place at major intersections Mosiah? Waste of resources
                            Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                            Che Guevara.

Comment

naaa, there are a minute amount of orgainsied gangs left a yawd, just some likkle man wid dem crew a pull off some trial&error stunts. Why yo think crime a splinter off suh throughout di Island? nuh bada nuh really deh de fi constraint di dawgs dem..blessing and a curse I guess

problem is dat di youths dem nuh si nuh future and as Me(the poster) would say, yo grow man like dem inna wild, dem wi act like di wild!

History will vindicate Peter Philips! The dismantling of organised crime didn't start Sep 2007.
                              Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
                              Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X