X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good move?

Government reviewing Jamaica's Postal Services

2009-10-27 12:39:58 | (1 Comments)
    The Government is reporting that it is reviewing the viability of its outlets postalwithout reducing the vital services that they provide for rural residents.

The minister with responsibility for information Daryl Vaz said the government is considering joint ventures with the private sector to ensure that all postal outlets remain open.

He said that many of the agencies are on government-owned land in good locations in towns and districts.

Mr Vaz said the imperative is to build on a partnership with compatible commercial interests and keep the services available to people.

The government has indicated that it will be moving to privatize a number of agencies under its control.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I asked because I notice in England many of the postal agencies are just corner stores that sell goods and services.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

well, something has to be done with ours. as you have suggested, no need to reinvent the wheel here. see what the world is doing and create something that works for us, because it can't continue like this is is the 70s. even then i'm sure they lost money.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Excellent idea..........
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

they didn't call it the CRASH program for nutt'n!
          Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
          Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Triinidad privatized their Postal service a few years ago to TTPost...owned by Gov. but managed by New Zealand Postal Corp. a modern, up to date service with bill payments, US vsia. tel etc. They also have a fcourrier service, package delivery system and good mail system replacing an old slow and aging sytem....they kept sm of the employees, retrained and now have a failrly efficient service...they were not given the old Gov. buildings though which still serve for OLd Age Pension, food dtamps and the like....

Comment

I hope they do something that can profide other services. It could used for money wiring, for fee computer services, faxing etc. or just retailing.

Postal service in the US is in the 70s losing billions too imagine that.

Comment

I recently recieved some documents from Jamaica which was sent by Registered Mail. It took 3 weeks to arrive here in the US. I sent back the same documents by priority mail, and it reached the recipients in Jamaica in 4 business days.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I don't know if it is Jamaica to be blamed. let me tell you I have posted things to the UK which have taken a long time to reach and one package was stolen. the Post office here in most cases don't encourge priorty mail in the US because it maybe priority to the US post office but once it reaches Jamaica it is not really priorty, and same thing goes for the Ja mail, once it hits the US system it is no longer priority to them. It better you send it Fedex or UPS.

Comment

Working...
                  X