No announcement yet.

More J'cans Said Fleeing America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

come fi drink milk, nuh count calf. Furthermore she fine ah goood black man. Dat man should be the hero of the family (pitcha all ova di place).

Comment

Andy
      10/20/2009 3:07 PM

This totally describes the mind of the Jamaican overseas, this explains why Jamaica is in the state it is in... Its the people.. I have never read such disgusting comments about Jamaica, coming from Jamaicans.. This proves my point regarding JaMericans, most of them want us to suffer as justification for them leaving. Just imagine how hurt they would be if the condition in here changes. They feel good when things are not going well in Jamaica, poor souls.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

there is ONE word to encapsulate all of that.... BITTAH!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what yuh hallucinating about now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            Andy
            10/20/2009 3:07 PM

This totally describes the mind of the Jamaican overseas, this explains why Jamaica is in the state it is in... Its the people.. I have never read such disgusting comments about Jamaica, coming from Jamaicans.. This proves my point regarding JaMericans, most of them want us to suffer as justification for them leaving. Just imagine how hurt they would be if the condition in here changes. They feel good when things are not going well in Jamaica, poor souls.
            Well since you are posting the above , it simply means you are endorsing it. I doubt it very much that Jakans living in the US want to see the ones back home suffer (remitances proves this point). All Jakans that I know here are proud when something positive is said about Ja on the news. They are more likely to get upset when the international TV goes in the poor communities and show our people. We all ask why this or that can't be done.

To mo and Gamma: You guys are educated men, why is it that we tend to gravitate towards a division? WHy are we quick to start some kind of divisive group? (US crew against those living in JA) We may not know it but these are conditionings from slavery through the colonial period.

What is evident is that those that lived in the US illegally are returning home with no form of job skills (no added value to Ja's economy). The time has come for JA to develop system which produces a highly educated society (our population size demands it). Ja now needs a strong middle income group more than ever. The system of plantocracy cannot go on. That system is driving us into the arms of Somalia.

Let's not look at the US (they have the resources to rebound) let's look at ourselves. The time has come for the educated to stand up and press both parties to secure quality education for the island. It's in the interest of a national agenda. What good is it to quarrell with our brothers and sisters abroad? Can't you see who benefits when we are divided against each other? Based on what's reported (about immigrants returning home) crime will increase. We have to ask ourselves why a nation of 2.7 mil can't have quality education all round. Why is it that we take delight to see our brothers and sisters squat on vacant land ( this breeds all kinds of crime; rape, stealing from each other and physical fights. It's called crowding ask sociologists about it) sell trinkets for a small sum and other menial task? In the 60s and 50s the above was cool and a few benifited immensely, now that the times have changed and it's plunging the whole island in an orgy of violence.

Contrary to what you guys may think most Jakans that live abroad see the ones back home as brothers and sisters. You should ask yourselves: If Ja get rid of the crime and build beautiful homes, nice roads, adequate emergency response, condos and the like. Why wouldn't the professionals abroad return home? Do you think they would be wanted back? I think some people are just happy the way Ja is right now.

Comment

To mo and Gamma: You guys are educated men, why is it that we tend to gravitate towards a division? WHy are we quick to start some kind of divisive group? (US crew against those living in JA) We may not know it but these are conditionings from slavery through the colonial period.

it exists bredren, is not me create it, but mi see it. it is in all likelihood not a majority but it exists...kinda like the gay actvist dem, is ongle a few of dem but dem very busy! and you may be right about the conditioning, maybe that is why because dem inna white man land dem look down upon those who remained!

as for the remittances, because dem send remittance doesnt mean they don't feel that way, in fact some a dem may feel that it validates their belief!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I'm not endorsing anything. I simply shared what others were thinking. As you can see, if you care to, some were positive, some negative, some in between. I'll share my views on the matter another time.

Suffice it to say I believe Merica is not for everyone, and Jamaica sure ain't for perhaps a lot more!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Good points Mo. Some of us here have had theopportunity to live, work in the US but chose not...for various reasons....it doesn't matter. There is no reason for the talking down to Jamaicans that chose to stay in Jamaica...sm are proud Jamaicans who are not willing to give up theri dignity for a pound of flesh..not saying all...
                  will have to get back to this...10 am mtg.

Comment

Working...
                  X