RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Imagine if we did get Independence earlier !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if we did get Independence earlier !

England and Wales decriminalized most consensual homosexual conduct in 1967.[23]That came too late for most of Britain's colonies, though. When they won independence in the 1950s and 1960s, they did so with the sodomy laws still in place.
    Few of those independent states have undertaken repeal since then. This flies in the face of a growing body of international human rights law and precedents demanding that they do so. They disregard, too, the example of formerly colonized states like Ecuador, Fiji, and South Africa that have actually enshrined protections for equality based on sexual orientation in their constitutions.

LOL !!

Critical Thinking.. cannot beat it.
    Last edited by Muadib; October 17, 2009, 10:17 PM.

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
    England and Wales decriminalized most consensual homosexual conduct in 1967.[23]That came too late for most of Britain's colonies, though. When they won independence in the 1950s and 1960s, they did so with the sodomy laws still in place.
    Few of those independent states have undertaken repeal since then. This flies in the face of a growing body of international human rights law and precedents demanding that they do so. They disregard, too, the example of formerly colonized states like Ecuador, Fiji, and South Africa that have actually enshrined protections for equality based on sexual orientation in their constitutions.

LOL !!

Critical Thinking.. cannot beat it.
    The Minister of State for Chi Chi Affairs...a sub Cabinet position..lol!!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Maudib...your main man Bruce has a great opportunity to lead this kind of progressive change you posted above.

Seems he is more entrenched than Buju and Shabba......................

Yuh need fe rite him a lettah and ax him if him a eediat.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

LoL.. almost as much chance as Obama doing it...

Comment

You keep mentioning Obama in the same breath with Bruce? Whats' with that? BTW how come HL calling him your "main man"?

Comment

Although Barack Obama has said that he supports civil unions, he is against gay marriage. In an interview with the Chicago Daily Tribune, Obama said, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

Regarding the main man thing.. don't know, don't really care.. ask HL..

Comment

By the way.. what yuh think about Nelson Mandela ?

Comment

...new tapik...!?
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

heh, heh...

Mek wi si... all now him cyaan ansah !

Comment

Just saw it...yu tink mi no have a life? Mandela - what aspect of his life? His anti-apartheid stances, imprisonment, his political beliefs, his presidency, his personal life? What? What EXACTLY do you want to know?

Comment

Anyting yuh want to offer..

Sum it up...

Comment

An incredible person...don't share all his views.

Comment

How is that possible ?

I thought you must share all the views of people you hold in esteem...

Comment

He is incredibly consistent on his views of human rights...

Maximum rispek.. many people find that hard..especially when it touches on areas that are uncomfortable to them... but then.. that is the acid test..

Comment

Stop comparing chalk with cheese, apples with oranges, Obama with Bruce, Mandela with anyone....you every heard about faulty syllogisms? Yu come back with it all the time...cyan badda waste time with yu...

Comment

Working...
                              X