Join the Govt. and see the World!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the Govt. and see the World!

Funny commentary on Frankly Speaking this morning (Irie FM). Franklyn McKnight says that members of our parish council are to take a trip to Switzerland to seek investments for Jamaica.

Yes, read it again.

Franklyn wonders if the members of the St. Catherine Parish Council will promote Spanish Town as the Mother of All Extortion towns?!? Imagine councillors from Spanish Town in the Swiss capital...what really can they tell anyone about the former capital of Jamaica?!? Much of the town is a dirty market, where urinals, makeshift ones, so to speak, are found at every corner, where the historic buildings around Emancipation Square die a slow death. They are unable to prevent the rot occurring to the historic iron bridge, one of the oldest in these parts. The list of failures with this parish council and indeed perhaps all of them around the island is as long as the distance from Kingston to Geneva! But they have time to be traipsing to Europe under the guise of promoting Jamaica. How many building approval requests are sitting on their desks right now?

I wonder how many people will make this trip this time. Certainly, it can't be as many as the 75 that needed to have gone on that local government convention a few months ago, the largest group from any single country.

And by the way, does Jamaica Trade and Invest know about this conference in Switzerland?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

The Land that Joshua built...

lol !

Comment

LoL

Geneva is NOT the capital of CH, though...Berne is!

Comment

BTW,

Govt officials have been visiting CH as long as I have been here! Nothing new, they just kept a lower profile.

Even I am not aware of all of them.

This trips are not necessarily boondoggles, but they can quite easily be, so I share your concern.

Comment

Why di place named after a Font Type ?

Comment

Did I say it was? Yes, I know I mentioned capital and then mentioned Geneva, but I think I know my capitals. Remember me was on Munro quiz squad since 2nd form?!?

Fact is, I have no idea where the meeting will be held.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The odda way round.

The font type named after the Confederatio Helvetica!

Comment

LoL

I know. I was just messing with ya!

Slow news day....

Comment

No worry with him...he had Swiss capital and Geneva in the same parag..it was inferred...'bout school challenge....pull him up yes, Willi.

Comment

Comprehension is a hell!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Clearly he is talking about the distance between the 2 Airports... one in Kingston and the other in Geneva...

One cannot claim Mosiah of being ignorant regarding the captial of Swissterland based on his post.

Comment

I will be the first to admit that I have no clue about the capital of Swissterland!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Zurich airport is bigger and just as close to Bern!

Comment

Must be a place they sell carbonated drinks...

Comment

Is it Berne, Bern or Burn? Or Bun?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X