Yuttie, Sass, I wonder if the Dems have the stomach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuttie, Sass, I wonder if the Dems have the stomach

to pass this health care bill themselves? They have been compromising and compromising and still they have more opposotion than when they started.

Time to throw these insurance companies under the bus and include a public option. Without it they are going to sabotage any attempt to have meaningful change.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insurers escalate criticism of health overhaul

By RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR,

WASHINGTON – The insurance industry sharply escalated its criticism of the Senate health care bill Sunday, charging that the legislation would shift costs to privately insured people, raising the price of a typical policy by hundreds — if not thousands — of dollars annually.

A spokesman for Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont., whose 10-year, $829 billion overhaul plan faces a final committee vote Tuesday, questioned the credibility of the late-innings cost estimate. "It's a health insurance company hatchet job, plain and simple," said Scott Mulhauser.

Until recently, the health insurance industry has been working behind the scenes to shape legislation, while publicly endorsing President Barack Obama's goal of affordable coverage for all Americans. The fragile alliance is growing strained as legislation advances toward floor votes in the House and Senate
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Full story here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091012/...aul_insurers_1
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I am upset as the democrats are doing a boing a bang up job. They haven't sold healthcare. The need to sell it as republicans sell tax cut as cut in cost for most business and a way to compete with other countries and companies. They need to sell this as they sold the stimilus as a economic tool that will give the American economy a bump and provide new jobs and service.

They have failed to do a good job and Obama intervention every 3 months will not help. Some want the public option out and the unions say without public option they will not get their vote so I will see how that goes.
      The democrats are really not very impressive in congress at all.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Pass it themselves when it seems they cannot agree on the time of day? Heard on GMA this morning that the Insurance Companies have an army of lobbyists pushing against this bill.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Walmart and other big companies are for an "Obama like" plan. The Dems need to get these companies involved as they will benefit significantly.
          The insurance companies are definately going to push against any public plan.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yeah you right it looking more like they are going to go down in flames next year when election come and no new legislation pass, or a really watered down one pass that changes nothing.

Obama has a lot of political capital riding on this. It was one of the most important parts of his platform.

Comment

the current bill is garbage. It does nothing for those of us who have insurance and there is no cost control measure. I hope this bill burns in the trash where it belongs.

The Dems are spineless.
              Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
              Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Working...
              X