No announcement yet.

Sometimes I wonder, ...(wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosiah you miss one thing "for this financial year". They said they wouldn't lay anybody off this year. They said they couldn't promise anything for the future.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      Mosiah you miss one thing "for this financial year". They said they wouldn't lay anybody off this year. They said they couldn't promise anything for the future.
      Come on .. you really think he missed it?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
        SIGH...or about two senior Ministers repeatedly assuring us that we were ression proof...him nuh see the govt taking back the exam fees saying the pickney dem too dunce fi earn it....ahhh boy but you see this is Lazie, very very selective memory and arguments...
        Since yuh never know .. now yuh know. Which WELL THINKING person would want to continue throwing money down the drain?

Education Minister defends decision to cut exam subsidy

Education Minister Andrew Holness has lashed out at detractors who have criticised his efforts to bring greater efficiency in the education system.
        Mr. Holness argues that millions of dollars have gone down the drain as a result of students registering for the Caribbean Secondary Examination Certificate, CSEC but failing to show up to write the exams and a high failure rate.
        "In 2008 About 10% of the students who registered did not sit the exam and were a dead weight loss to the subsidy. That amounted to approxiamately $4.5 million that just went. In terms of students who entered the CSEC exam and those who passed with a minimum Grade Three, the difference is 33,000; so in other words 34,000 did not pass,"
        "We spend $102 million on CSEC alone of which $43 million accounted for students who did not get the minimum pass of Grade Three...48% thereabout.
        In 2008 the difference between the number of students who registered for the exams and who sat the exams that difference was 3572 so it is more than 10%," he said.
        As a result of the dismal failure rates, Mr. Holness said the programme will be revamped next year and the funds will no longer be considered as a subsidy but rather an incentive.
        The minister said that they are currently looking at two options on how to compose the new incentive programme and will consult with the public before it is implemented in the schools.
        Under the programme the government pays for four subjects, Mathematics, English Language, one science subject and Information Technology
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Afternoon Lazie...You nuh tired fi defend inept governmet? Politricks at its best. I tell you, the JLP seems clueless at times...I read a report this morning where they are gonna manually implement departure tax...The same tax on flying that they protested against to the UK...Now dem look stupid.

While Free education and Hospitals etc are good, did Bruce and him team do a proper assessment before dem tek va office. Evereything to dem is a problem from the previous government and after 2 years in office they have done nothing to fix them
          1) Crime getting no better
          2) Budget deficit gettin worse
          3) Higher debt payments
          4) Public sector wage bill doubled...should I continue

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
            Afternoon Lazie...You nuh tired fi defend inept governmet? Politricks at its best. I tell you, the JLP seems clueless at times...I read a report this morning where they are gonna manually implement departure tax...The same tax on flying that they protested against to the UK...Now dem look stupid.

While Free education and Hospitals etc are good, did Bruce and him team do a proper assessment before dem tek va office. Evereything to dem is a problem from the previous government and after 2 years in office they have done nothing to fix them
            1) Crime getting no better
            2) Budget deficit gettin worse
            3) Higher debt payments
            4) Public sector wage bill doubled...should I continue
            One can take the horse to the water, but yuh cyaan force him fi drink. Did you check the link i gave the other day? Or is this another posing from Plush?

Oh .. afternoon to you too.

Comment

Working...
            X