Now the people of Portland to step up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the people of Portland to step up

We have complained over the last 35 years for lack of representation, lack of infrastructure and downright neglect. We had a right as we had the worst roads in Jamaica, some of the worst water supply for a parish with the most water and river. many attractions and business closed as there were no way to reach them.

Now over the past 4 years we have gotten our fair share. They refurbished the main road from Windsor Castle Bay to Port Antonio(north coast highway) There were some water project done(still not enough) we have the Pier(while not commercial viable at this point very beautiful) and roads in the Rio Grande Valley and Buff Bay Valley(some of the worst roads anywhere) are been repaired as we speak. I hear the people can't believe that road work has started even when they witness it.

Now I must say thanks and ask the people of Portland to step up to the plate and play their part. There is no secret that I passionately defended the right of the people of Portland and St.Mary rights to proper representation and while there is a way to go this has been a big improvement over the last 35 years.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

yu need to drive up in upper Clarendon...yu see 'road'....a sensible donkey wouldn't walk there....

Comment

While I won't debate that but even Mike Henry had to accept that Portland a the worst he has seen.

Them claim say a lot of road going to get fix now because of the gax tax and some other grants the govt getting so I wish you luck. Hopefully them can move on to Clarendon.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

check this out. I need not say anything else.

http://www.pixjm.com/default.aspx?a=226

Comment

Portland and St Thomas were beyond a disgrace. Happy that some work has started. Makes no sense for transportation to that area to be so difficult.

Comment

Not excusing the govts' responsibility, but I think that some of the places where some people put their homes are just plain ridiculous. The soil is unstable, the terrain fit for only a mountain goat, and then they demand good roads and utilities to these areas.

There must be a plan and clearly defined areas that are not fit for development. The cost to the country cannot be justified.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Very true Mosiah. Not to mention building the house by a known river bed.
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                Very true Mosiah. Not to mention building the house by a known river bed.
                Wha yuh a sey Mdmex, ain't nothing like having a house overlooking the riv ... no overlooking the lake.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Overlooking the river is one ting, but in the middle of the river, is quite anadda ting!
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

all true but no reason for the state of the roads and the water condition that existed for so long. As mi say now some things have been done the people better step up and nuh wait fi Montique fi come back

Comment

Working...
                    X