Worst I've seen on communication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst I've seen on communication

This JLP government seems to be the worst on communication or is that they just don't have the answers. Are they simply clueless?
    They don't make public statements on important issues affecting the nation..did they get that comfortable in the job. ok..I'm talking about two things in specific
    1) The Dudus case. Nothing heard other than a comment that they are asking the Solicitor General to review..Why is this so? Is ths this standard process? Did all previous request for Extadition go to the Solictor General? Why is this Guy/case being treated so special
    2) 9 month old identification system rendered illegal - What hapens to all susplect id'd with this? Will ID parades be redone under the old system? Is there any conviction using this system and will verdicts be overturned?

I think these are some serious concerns and it relates to the most important issue that's affecting our nation.....But as soon as Bolt reach the Isaln, PM quickly annouce renaming of highway 2000. Now I see what Bruce and crew has been working on all these months

Originally posted by Plush View Post
    This JLP government seems to be the worst on communication or is that they just don't have the answers. Are they simply clueless?
    They don't make public statements on important issues affecting the nation..did they get that comfortable in the job. ok..I'm talking about two things in specific
    1) The Dudus case. Nothing heard other than a comment that they are asking the Solicitor General to review..Why is this so? Is ths this standard process? Did all previous request for Extadition go to the Solictor General? Why is this Guy/case being treated so special
    2) 9 month old identification system rendered illegal - What hapens to all susplect id'd with this? Will ID parades be redone under the old system? Is there any conviction using this system and will verdicts be overturned?

I think these are some serious concerns and it relates to the most important issue that's affecting our nation.....But as soon as Bolt reach the Isaln, PM quickly annouce renaming of highway 2000. Now I see what Bruce and crew has been working on all these months

In the past whenever any extradiction requests were made were regular annoucements made by the gov't? If not, why should this case be treated any different? No wait, in your words, "hy is this Guy/case being treated so special"?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It's hilarious to observe the "hot potato" stance of the govt when it comes to matters on extradition request for Dudus.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

This case has already been treated differently. In the past, when an extradition has been requested, the wanted person is first apprehended locally and then we learn about the request. Not so here.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          It's hilarious to observe the "hot potato" stance of the govt when it comes to matters on extradition request for Dudus.
          Suh what? They should mess up and rush through with the request then get accused of not looking for the rights of Jamaicans? Or some just looking for a reason to complain?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            This case has already been treated differently. In the past, when an extradition has been requested, the wanted person is first apprehended locally and then we learn about the request. Not so here.
            Wait, wasn't BT able to post a pdf document with the request? Wouldn't that mean it was in the public domain from early? One prominent lawyer back home was asking why it was in the public domain, no not Tom Tavares, one that is linked to the Farqhenson Institute.

Yes, I too want to know why he isn't in custody yet ... I think that is a valid question, but all of a sudden people want announcement from the gov't is simply ridiculous.

Comment

Who said anything like that?!?

Lazie, leave the emotion to me.

I'm simply pointing out that, usually, the suspect is arrested first and then we hear about the request. When the press releases the request, the govt would have received such a notice long in advance for them to do what they need to do.

So, once the arrest is made, no one is saying we should rush anything. The suspect then goes through all the appeals and whatever that the law allows. This may take months, several even!

You should ask yourself, why did the govt feel it necessary to give this suspect time to prepare himself for his day in court while on the streets, while the other suspects did not have such luxury?

I'm all for the rights of Jamaicans, no matter what their street reputation. The US govt better come good before they should expect anything from us. Some just wonder if they'll get anything, no matter how good they come this time!

So relax and keep the tribal emotion out of the discussion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The govt don't need to be announcing, but I just wonder why they can't even utter a word on the matter. Makes you realise who run tings!

And, as I have pointed out in another post, the govt would have been advised about this extradition request long before it became an Internet document or hit the airwaves.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

as a Layman there is a lot about this case that is different.

the first is someone leak it to the public that Dudas is a target. Normally nobody know about the extradition until it is signed and arrest is carried out.

It shouldn't have been in the public domain but it is. Yes the JLP is making sure all angles are covered which including their base and to say to their people that they had to do what the law require. At the same time nobody know the evidence that is presented and how good it the time frame "could" be justified.

I am just waiting to see the end of it, in the meanwhile I would tell the president to remember "like father, like son".
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    as a Layman there is a lot about this case that is different.

the first is someone leak it to the public that Dudas is a target. Normally nobody know about the extradition until it is signed and arrest is carried out.

It shouldn't have been in the public domain but it is. Yes the JLP is making sure all angles are covered which including their base and to say to their people that they had to do what the law require. At the same time nobody know the evidence that is presented and how good it the time frame "could" be justified.

I am just waiting to see the end of it, in the meanwhile I would tell the president to remember "like father, like son".
                    you say "someone leaked it". others may say, the govt tried to keep it under wraps for too long.

then you say it shouldn't be in the public domain. where you get that from? the thing is posted on the Internet!!! who do you think posted it, john brown?!

you know what the JLP is doing? this is not a matter for the JLP!

interesting how you have looked at the issue.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It is not normal for law enforcement tell of extradition before they get a hold of the person they want. Normally it is done under the quiet. It came out and the government had to confirm it. When else have you seen that?

When is it the party in power as the JLP is don't try to minimise damage on thier part? what is so unique about that?
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        In the past whenever any extradiction requests were made were regular annoucements made by the gov't? If not, why should this case be treated any different? No wait, in your words, "hy is this Guy/case being treated so special"?
                        JOOK him Lazie !!
                        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Source....

Comment

The government has a responsibility Lazie, to communicate to the people. This thing as bee in the public for so long and people are forming their own opinions, don't you think a responsible government would have come out to tell the public that normal procedures are being followed. Doesn't Dudus have his day in court to fight the Extrdition? How many cases have we heard before in court where the US was asked to provide additional evidence after the Extraition was signed, carried out, and the matter was in court. Who does this request have to go through Minister of Affairs, Attorney General, Solictor General, Police commisioner, etc. Is this the ormal process and how long does the process usually take? All I want to know is this, Is it normal for these request to go through all the different bodies? The JLP government did a poor job oni this one.

Comment

Which people yuh talking bout ?

The Govt has spoke.. yuh deaf ?

Comment

Working...
                              X