Nigeria sends 26 nurses to Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nigeria sends 26 nurses to Jamaica

<DIV class=source>AFP/File Photo: Four-year-old Oluwafunto Asore, representing the National Association of Nigerian Nurses and Midwives, holds a hand... </DIV>

LAGOS (AFP) - Nigeria last week sent 26 nurses to Jamaica under its Technical Aids Corp (TAC) scheme which aims to help black nations that lack professionals in key fields, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported.

The nurses are expected to enhance that country's immunization drive and help in accident, surgical and community health care services, NAN said, quoting an official TAC statement.

Jamaican Health Minister Horace Dalley said that the health professionals from Nigeria would help ease Jamaica's shortage of nurses, NAN quoted the statement as saying.

He commended Nigeria's deployment of skilled personnel to assist needy African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) nations.

Nigeria launched the TAC programme about 20 years ago as part of its foreign relations policy. Under the scheme, TAC volunteers are posted to needy ACP countries for a two-year period
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

RE: Nigeria sends 26 nurses to Jamaica

There is a joke in here somewhere I am sure......Someone please tell me it is April's fool. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Well I was thinking along similar lines but

seeing that I am a fool, i kept quiet (not wanting the public to know). Talk about curve ball, I am completely baffled on this one.

Comment

King Jawge

You're not a fool, let's just say that desperate times call for desperate action!!
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Okay maam, I will heed what you say.

Comment

Jawge (11/29/2006)Well I was thinking along similar lines but

seeing that I am a fool, i kept quiet (not wanting the public to know). Talk about curve ball, I am completely baffled on this one.
            Strange! You same one have a problem with the approach of improving the labour force, now yuh completely baffled by this? There is nothing wrong with one changing his or her position, but damn ....
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
            X