SIZZLA - THE OVERSTANDING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIZZLA - THE OVERSTANDING

I really don't know what to say. He re-recorded couple songs from DA REAL TING, BLACK WOMAN AND CHILD and RISE TO THE OCCASION and in my opinion destroyed them. Very laid back album no pump up her pum pum or big gun run out pon dem but I'm not sure this one hits the target.

RE: SIZZLA - THE OVERSTANDING

What is this? A remix album, greatest hits album or a brand new album? I am so out of it. I can't seem to put down my Kenny G album.- T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

T.K. (11/22/2006)What is this? A remix album, greatest hits album or a brand new album? I am so out of it. I can't seem to put down my Kenny G album.- T.K.
      Brand new album with major US distribution. I'm gonna upload one of the tunes he re-recorded from DA REAL TING album. I'm so disappointed in SIZZLA for destroying the classic songs.

Comment

Bricktop (11/22/2006)
        T.K. (11/22/2006)What is this? A remix album, greatest hits album or a brand new album? I am so out of it. I can't seem to put down my Kenny G album.- T.K.
        Brand new album with major US distribution. I'm gonna upload one of the tunes he re-recorded from DA REAL TING album. I'm so disappointed in SIZZLA for destroying the classic songs.
        Ah I got you. Well I don't think he was trying to destroy them.Well maybe this album wasnotmadewith us primarily in mind. Maybeit is forthose Americans whoare into rap/hip-hop etc.,... He is introducing himself to a new audience. Can't knock him for the effort. Dollars haffi run. He already hooked us up so wi might as well mek him eat a food if him can.

Bricktop I remember you back in the day with your pants,shirt and hat turned backwards talking about"I'm the mickety mickety micketymickety mack daddy....kriss kross will make ya jumpjump"...Don't lie...you were all over that backwards clothers trend. - T.K.

Comment

T.K. (11/22/2006)
          Bricktop (11/22/2006)

Ah I got you. Well I don't think he was trying to destroy them.Well maybe this album wasnotmadewith us primarily in mind. Maybeit is forthose Americans whoare into rap/hip-hop etc.,... He is introducing himself to a new audience. Can't knock him for the effort. Dollars haffi run. He already hooked us up so wi might as well mek him eat a food if him can.

Bricktop I remember you back in the day with your pants,shirt and hat turned backwards talking about"I'm the mickety mickety micketymickety mack daddy....kriss kross will make ya jumpjump"...Don't lie...you were all over that backwards clothers trend. - T.K.
          Actually it's the opposite T.K. The relicks are on riddims that are just slightly smoother than the original not on hip hop riddims at all. I think they are targetting this album to white college kids but his delivery on the remade classics doesn't have the emotion of the originals.

P.S. Every style dat did lick i was in it

Comment

Re-recorded THANK YOU MAMA:

http://download.yousendit.com/69167A2752F1DB14

Comment

Actually it's the opposite T.K. The relicks are on riddims that are just slightly smoother than the original not on hip hop riddims at all. I think they are targetting this album to white college kids but his delivery on the remade classics doesn't have the emotion of the originals.

P.S. Every style dat did lick i was in it
              Ah well to be honest that is who hip hop artists now target their albums to in either case. I was so shocked when I heard 5-6 years ago that young white kids were the number oneconsumer of rap music as I can remember a time when white kids would only listen to guns and roses andZiggy Marley. My how times have changed. MaybeSizzla will be the black Dave Matthews....lol....

Wellwhen it come to style I was never up to date I had the Napolean (aka The Theo), short on thetop and sides an long in the back from 1984all the way till 1995 to rhatid. It was alsoknown as the black man's mullet.I am so ashamed when I see pictures of myselffrom those days. It took memy entire youth to finally get a decent haircut. I am still traumatized to this day from what my parents did to me. - T.K.

Comment

This is not so bad Bricktop. Nice and mellow. I can deal with it. It is different but still good man. You can definitely feel the Bob Marley/70's vibes through it that the white college kids can identify with but we can still sing to this. - T.K.

Comment

Working...
                X