Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFE SUCKS

Dear Pastor,

I am 17 years old and I really need your <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative">advice</SPAN>. I live in a decent community. Since my mother left me to live with my stepfather, I have been out on late night 'escapades' in order to get money to attend school. It is my last year and I don't want to drop out. My stepfather abuses me and wants to use me for his sexual 'plaything'.

Oral sex

Whenever I am at home, he sometimes forces himself unto me and forces me to give him pleasure in strange ways. About a week ago he threatened to kill me if I didn't shove a finger in his bottom while performing oral sex on him.

Pastor, I fear for my life because I believe that I might catch a venereal disease of some sort from him as he has many sex partners. I don't like being a 'worker of the night', but I have a limited number of choices. Either I allow myself to be abused by my stepfather or do prostitution to stay in school. I don't want either and I am trying to be strong. At times I feel like committing suicide, but I don't because I don't want to go to hell. I know I will make something of my life.

Please help me and pray for me. I know I can become something in life and I will.

E., Kingston, <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; COLOR: blue! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Jamaica</SPAN>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: LIFE SUCKS

Chuck Fender's tune comes to mind.********s like dem deh fi guh unda the jail. She does not have any other relatives to live with?

Either I allow myself to be abused by my stepfather or do prostitution to stay in school
    Talk bout being between the devil and the deep blue sea. The demons of the JLP have proposed implementing <STRIKE>free education</STRIKE> tuition free education, but so called proponents for education around here have a problem with it. I even heard the Deacon Ronnie Thwaites up in arms about it ... then we wonder why we are where we are. If only that was available to her.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Isn't Betty Ann Blaine a children's advocate? She (the child)should try to reach Betty Ann.

Comment

Oral sex, she should bite off the FRIGGIN DICK, the same way how Lorraine did cut off John Bobbit's; this way her mother would wake up and see what the man doing to her pickney.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

I was thinking about this letter and I noted the understandable outrage at the abhorent behavior of the step-father.

However I think we all failed to notice that the young lady was a street walker and was selling herself to whomever may come (pun intended), is she upset that her step-father is getting for free what she is selling?

Would she be upset if one of her johns did the same thing her step father was doing but paying her a 'Manley money' or whatever the cost is for the degradation?

I do sympathise with her and her plight, she did not say which school (thankfully) but I do know a lot of schools have welfar funds for needy students but there are a lot that dont either.
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

Damn Sickko. The mother left her in the care of her step father. Irrespective of the fact that she is a street walker, he has no right ... paying or getting it for free.

Comment

Sickko (11/27/2006)I was thinking about this letter and I noted the understandable outrage at the abhorent behavior of the step-father.

However I think we all failed to notice that the young lady was a street walker and was selling herself to whomever may come (pun intended), is she upset that her step-father is getting for free what she is selling?

Would she be upset if one of her johns did the same thing her step father was doing but paying her a 'Manley money' or whatever the cost is for the degradation?

I do sympathise with her and her plight, she did not say which school (thankfully) but I do know a lot of schools have welfar funds for needy students but there are a lot that dont either.
              Siccko: She is up the wall! She clearly said, she was 'forced' to be a street walker to be able to afford going to school.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Let me try this again, last time I tried the I-net was down and so the post did not go thru. Should have copied it and pasted it later.

Anyhow...she did not say her mother is dead so let us assume the mother left her with the wutliss step-father to go work, maybe overseas, we cant tell.

The absence of her biological father in her life is a big thing here and people like him, if he is still alive should be forced by the State to pay child maintenance.

Karl I cant agree about being forced to go walk the streets, many high schools have welfare programme for needy students which vary from hot meals to 'scholarships'.

She said she is from a 'decent area' and so we can assume she attends one of the established high schools. This is also where the church comes in, or should come in where they should help out.

There are many assumptions as the letter was quite short and dont get me wrong, I am not in any way condoning the wutliss man or vilifying the child but I am sure we know of many such cases where the child does not take a decision to go whore.

I can only go from her letter and she says nothing about her fear of getting pregnant or catching anything from the men she sleeps with, only with the stepfather.

I suspect he knows what she id doing and decides to cash in on it.

Maybe the pastor needs to forward the letter to the police so this man can be arrested and charged and sent to prison.

Maybe a real lawyer can correct me but since she is 17 now he can’t be charged with endangering a minor or carnal abuse.
                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                X