No announcement yet.

What is the best beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't announce it...it too private....and pristine...

Comment

Historian that is no joke, take a look at the satellite shot on google earth one of the last remaining gems like the Arawak left it!.

Comment

If Holland Bay is the beach you come up on after driving thru the Duckenfield sugar lands in St. Thomas, near the Morant Lighthouse, then yes, it's that beautiful. I have been there on two occasions, the first being a mistake, then I returned with a guest.

I was surprised to see a white sand beach on that side of the island. St. Thomas is not known for that at all, and even the white sand beaches in Portland are further west from Boston Bay. On both occasions, there was no one else on the beach. On leaving, I asked a rastaman who was drying some sea moss nearby why it is that such a lovely beach remained so secluded. He said there were some very dangerous currents there. So, if you intend to check it out, Peter R, please bear that in mind.

Unfortunately, there was evidence of tourists there when I visited (used Euro Coke cans, etc.). Pity they couldn't keep their junk with them.

But Bricktop could be right - this may be the best beach in Jamaica and certainly the biggest surprise of them all, just the route to get there! You drive miles thru canepiece, you and tractors on very bad roads, and then, out of no where - paradise!

Aaaah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo the funny thing is there are a few beaches like that. I know that in Between St.Margret's Bay and Port Maria I have had the oppurtuntiy to be at some. One of the most common one that hs been develop is Robbin's Bay(Strawberry Fields). The fact is most Jamaicans never know about it until some European get involved. Only a few locals and fisherfolks know about these beaches or if you a bruck pocket nature lover and have a date . I won't tell you which group I fell into.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            If Holland Bay is the beach you come up on after driving thru the Duckenfield sugar lands in St. Thomas, near the Morant Lighthouse, then yes, it's that beautiful.
            It same one. As a youngster my dad got a job at Isaac Barrant Hospital and we lived in Golden Grove for a number of years and we would make the drive through the cane piece every weekend with a whole roasted pig on a spit in the back of a pickup (pops never know seh man a Rasta?). It is just as you describe emerging from the canefield and being greeted by paradise. Every trip down I head out there. And yes there are some terrible currents and riptides ut there so tread carefully (not to mention Barracuda's).

Comment

Damn, I agree, but....

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
              Historian that is no joke, take a look at the satellite shot on google earth one of the last remaining gems like the Arawak left it!.
              Stonigut, I fully agree with you that it’s in fact not a joking matter, but the truth is that even now, Sunday morning, I still cannot stop laughing! Sorry about that, but the really creative way in which Bricktop presented the reality of the situation along with his really amusing photo captions has forced me to regard this post highly! And humorously as well (LMAO)!!

Great post from Bricktop, I must confess!!

Comment

Sorry Jangle, I meant Bricktop, wickid beach post mi bredrin.

Comment

it was also very accurate!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

omg... mi never hear nuhbady mention this beach pon de forum, eva... in fact, mi know seh 95% of jamaicans dont know bout this beach...

i went there twice... what a r@ $$ beach... it was ruff seas both times .. couldn't go out too far... if they installed breakers like they do at some other beaches in the caribbean, it definitely has the potential to be among the best beaches in the entire caribbean...

anybody going there, mek sure dem have food and water... iz just de beach... nutten else...

mi glad yuh mention it but at the same time for selfish reasons, mi nuh want everybody fi know bout dat beach, just yet...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

that's what i feel about the place. when i went there i felt like christopher columbus, as if i was discovering somewhere no one has ever seen (never mind the natives).

good thing i was warned about the dangerous under-currents, because I tend to want to push the envelope a bit when i go to the beach. that has turned me off about it, but these days, especially like how the girls do not venture anywhere near water, sake of the horse-tail in dem head, that beach can still be enjoyed for sure.

and yes, let's keep it a secret. maybe our next RBSC picnic could be held there??!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gwey! Dem soon put a hotel pon it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Winnifred's in Portland (Fairy Hill neighborhood) is a great beach.

If you want to go surfing, then Boston Beach (home of Jerk pork) is a good place to go.

UWI also has a good beach, opposite Princess Margaret hospital in St. Thomas.
                          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                          - Langston Hughes

Comment

them nuh wanted to take away Winifred beach from most of the public recently?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                              in Jamaica?
                              Other small great beaches - Bluefields, Westmoreland, parts of the 7 miles strip Negril is also 'deserted', great island behind the Jolly's home (private I suppose), There is the small Orchad Beach, Hanover...then there is a track as you get into Hopewell on the right as you cross the bridge on the way towards Sandy Bay, Hanover that leads down to a beach adjoining Round Hill Hotel...
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so how you find deh so..

Comment

Working...
                                X