The Jackson Family to attend Reggae Sumfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jackson Family to attend Reggae Sumfest

It is being announced that the organisers of Jamaica's annual Reggae Sumfest were contacted by Tito Jackson after they learnt that Michael Jackson was going to be awarded the lifetime achivement award for being the Greatest Entertainer. It is said that most, if not all of the Jackson family (including Michael's kids) will be attending. There may be a performance by the Jacksons also. The final details are being worked out. So me hear it, so me gi it.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Sell off! Mi need mi armband now!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You know Michael won't be there though right?
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

No? He won't? Not...not even embalmed?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          You know Michael won't be there though right?

WIKKID - Post of the DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

Well, you still have Tito. I hear he is almost as good as the embalmed MJ.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

This was the post of the day!

Why do we dis Tito more than any of the other brothers? He's got more talent than Latoya though, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Leave Latoya alone, aright!

BTW, mi jus come back from Jamrock... was under heavy mannas suh cudden do anything outside of the tourist thing with my family. Had a brilliant time still. Will post my daily blog (after the fact), when I get my thoughts together.
                Peter R

Comment

You know if JTB, Tourism ministry, Butch, Issa and Spanish hotels get behind this all hotels in Jamaica full. As Michigan and Smiley say "Dance a fi cork and liquor sell off".
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He's chubby.

Comment

That will take some time....next time observe protocol and sign out!

Comment

and the rest are browner than him too, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

eventually!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I didn't want to go there but since you brought it up....BROWN MAN TO DI WERRRRRLLLLLL

Comment

Jacksons for Jamaica

Published: Friday | July 17, 2009

Janet Silvera, Senior Gleaner Writer
                              WESTERN BUREAU:
                              Thirty-four years after performing for a massive crowd at the National Stadium in St Andrew, two of the 'Jackson Five' will return to Jamaica for Reggae
                              Sumfest 2009, the event organisers have announced.
                              Tito and Jackie Jackson will grace the Reggae Sumfest stage for the first time since their brother, King of Pop Michael Jackson's death, and the Summerfest Production chairman, Robert Russell, said there was a strong possibility the group's other members, Marlon and Jermaine, will share the limelight.
                              Tribute to jackson
                              The deal, which was brokered by New York journalist Vinette Pryce, a friend of the Jacksons, has been dubbed a major coup by the promoters who had taken a decision to dedicate the entire show to Michael after his sudden death on June 25.
                              "Michael was the most important entertainer in our lifetime," Russell said two weeks ago. "His departure was quite sudden and unexpected and has saddened all of us. It is only appropriate that a festival like Sumfest should pay tribute to him."
                              Fourteen days later, the promoters have hit the jackpot and have adjusted their line-up to accommodate Tito and Jackie, who will perform on International Night II, along with award-winning artistes Toni Braxton, Ne-Yo, Damian Marley and Nas.
                              Since word got out that the two were coming to Jamaica, Russell said he has been fielding calls from the international press.
                              Minister of Youth, Sports and Culture, Olivia Grange, who played a pivotal role in getting the artistes booked, with the help of Prime Minister Bruce Golding, said Jackson matriarch Catherine has also expressed a desire to come to Jamaica with her grandchildren, but she is currently grieving.
                              Addressing at a press conference at the Hilton Kingston hotel in New Kingston yesterday afternoon, Grange said Jamaica would have the family that bore the world's best musician and that in itself was a great matchup.
                              The Jackson brothers will be flown to Jamaica from California, via private jet, and will be staying at a seven-bedroom villa on the north coast. janet.silvera@gleanerjm.com
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X