Seaga recommends dollarization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seaga recommends dollarization

Former Prime Minister Edward Seaga is again recommending that the government consider dollarization.
    The term refers to the use of another currency, usually the US dollar instead of the national currency.

According to Mr. Seaga such a move would boost the Jamaican economy.
    Mr. Seaga is again suggested other measures the government could use to reduce the country’s fiscal deficit.
    He says the government could further cut the public sector as well as revamp its payroll system in addition to reducing the amount of money spent on debt servicing.

Mr. Seaga, who was involved in previous negotiations in the 1980’s, says he has not been contacted by the Golding administration for advise on ongoing talks.
    The government has been criticised for excluding what the opposition has described as critical parties in the discussions with the IMF.

http://go-jamaica.com/news/read_article.php?id=10831
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I heard a piece of the interview on Real Business and when Mr. Seaga indicated that he was not contacted by the gov't, all of a sudden people start to recognize that Mr. Seaga may know what he is saying. I can bet any money that as if they seeked his advise the same hypocrites would find a way to complain.

I didn't hear the part about dollarization .. pity, would love to hear the reaction of R&R.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
    X